Stylish 0.2.1 (Now with repository!)

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
Lee_Dailey
Location: milky way galaxy, sol system, terra, north america, usa, tx, bedford

Post by Lee_Dailey »

howdy np,

"
There's an instruction page on how to install into Firefox, but not Thunderbird. I should probably include Thunderbird instructions.
"

where? i looked again ... nothing. plus, is there any realistic diff between installing a style in ff and doing the same in tb?

take care,
lee
dougeeebear

Post by dougeeebear »

@Lee_Dailey:
Look just below the "Install" button for a How to install link.
If a user doesn't use Stylish, the link should still be there (minus the Install button).
old np

Post by old np »

Maybe this will help.

Code: Select all

a[href="/style/installation"] {
 font-size: xx-large;
 text-decoration: blink;
 background-color: red;
 color: white;
 border: 20px solid blue;
}

Installing a style in Firefox gives you the option of using the install button or selecting the text and choosing add. For Thunderbird you have to do a copy-paste.
dougeeebear

Post by dougeeebear »

Good one :)
Lee_Dailey
Location: milky way galaxy, sol system, terra, north america, usa, tx, bedford

Post by Lee_Dailey »

howdy dougeeebear & np,

lordy ... i am able to not see the most obvious of things. [*grin*] thanks for clearing that up.

yes, a tbird howto is needed. posted one here ...
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 72#2218572

take care,
lee
old np

Post by old np »

dougeeebear wrote:leftover code

I've figured out what causes the leftover code. If you have more than one site rule of any type (domain, url, prefix), it doesn't remove all of them. I'll see if I can fix this and also make it so that the dialog doesn't fail if this kind of corrupt style entry happens again.
dougeeebear

Post by dougeeebear »

np wrote:I've figured out what causes the leftover code.
Good deal.
Sorry to keep throwing all this stuff at you, but I try to test everything I can think of, and I know you don't want those little "bugs" in your final release :)
Thanks for a great job!
old np

Post by old np »

No no, keep these things coming. It's very important to bugs that mess up the data because even if the cause is fixed, the effect may still remain.

PS, it's not my fault, it's Neil Deakin and his rdfds library. :)
old np

Post by old np »

Is anyone having trouble with search either by the Find menu item or directly on the site? I'm noticing in userstyles.org's logs that some searches are coming in unescaped and ending up erroring out.
dougeeebear

Post by dougeeebear »

I haven't noticed any problems with search on the site since you fixed it, and no problems with search by the Find menu.

Post by ******** »

i wrote a userChrome.js script to make clicking the "userstyles.org" link in the manage styles window (not the sidebar) open the page in a new tab, instead of a new window.

Link to my script
Old Greg S

Post by Old Greg S »

Hi np, if I want to use the dev build do I need to uninstall the release version before installing dev?
old np

Post by old np »

The dev build is marked as 0.3, so no. But you will have to uninstall the dev build if you want to upgrade to a later dev build or the 0.3 release. Don't worry, your styles do not uninstall when you uninstall the extension.
Old Greg S

Post by Old Greg S »

np wrote:The dev build is marked as 0.3, so no. But you will have to uninstall the dev build if you want to upgrade to a later dev build or the 0.3 release. Don't worry, your styles do not uninstall when you uninstall the extension.

Thanks, you even answered questions I forgot to ask,lol. Nice extension btw. I was a little reluctant to try Stylish since I don't do too well at learning new things but am glad I did.
coolcd

Post by coolcd »

Does anyone have the problem with "Add selection to stylish" in the latest stylish 0.3 dev build? I selected some words, right clicked and chose "add selection to stylish". Unlike what happened in 0.2.1, the dialogue box did not show up.

PS. I downloaded the 0.3 dev build from Babelzilla.