Seamonkey Email

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
raytdh

Seamonkey Email

Post by raytdh »

What settings do I need in Seamonkey mail in order to be able to forward photos and email
that I receive by email. I have had no luck whatsoever in trying to forward email or photos.
ldivinag

Post by ldivinag »

are you able to send out email? even new mail?

or are you getting an SMTP authenticantion error, even though all settings are correct?

i'm having the same issue with SM. i CANNOT send out email. all my settings are correct. in fact, i can launch mozilla 1.7.12 and it uses the same settings and i can send out mail that way...
leo d.
Mike Novack

Post by Mike Novack »

You are perhaps running a problem of the "forward as attachment" vs "forward inline" settings.

Forwarding that already cotnains attachments as an attachment introduces a "nested attachment" issue which is ill defined.

Leo -- not a good idea in forums to try to piggyback on unrealted questions. Ray did NOT say that there was any general problem sending mail.
raytdh

Re: Seamonkey Email

Post by raytdh »

raytdh wrote:What settings do I need in Seamonkey mail in order to be able to forward photos and email
that I receive by email. I have had no luck whatsoever in trying to forward email or photos.

I am still waiting for an answer for my forwarding email and photos that I receive in my Seamonkey email.

Post by Guest »

Hi,

Mike was suggesting that if you have the option set in SeaMonkey mail client to "Forward as Attachment" that this could produce problems due to nested attachments. Try setting the option in the e-mail client to "Forward Inline".

The option is located:

Edit -> Preferences -> Mail and Newsgroups -> Composition. There is a radio option on the right. Select "Inline" and click OK.

Try forwarding it now. Does it work?
Mozilla!

Post by Mozilla! »

Hi,

I'm "Guest", above. :)
raytdh

Post by raytdh »

Mozilla! wrote:Hi,

I'm "Guest", above. :)
No, it still does not work. I already had it set for "inline." Everything else works fine, except I can't
for photos that I received and mosy email.