Stylish 0.2.1 (Now with repository!)

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
old np

Post by old np »

Mugros wrote:What does ^= do? (...)
And "*=" is "contains", right?
http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/CR-css3-selectors-20011113/#attribute-selectors
old np

Post by old np »

paulfox wrote:Cool - questions on Styles. I have one, please . . . only thing I miss not having Customize Google is the ability to filter search results. Following works to filter amazon, but only gets the links and not the green subtext:

Your point of reference here is the link with Amazon in it. Looking in DOM inspector, the green text and the description are in a table directly after the link. So...

Code: Select all

@-moz-document url-prefix(http://www.google.com/search) {
[href*="amazon.com"], [href*="amazon.com"] + table { display: none ! important }}

The + is a direct adjacent selector. This will pick any tables directly after and with the same parent as links with amazon.com in them.
paulfox

Post by paulfox »

Damn, you're a GOD!! Works perfect!! You know - I've been working blind last couple of days since I don't have DOM built in with this 3/1 Branch (long story), and had "+ child, [first child]" - all of that - never thought of table.

This is great! This is a big deal. If you don't have time to sling it on userstyles, I'll put it on and credit you with it. I can dig up my old regex for Customize Google and have them not appear at all now.

Thanks so much! Google, by the way, is doing "something neat" as discussed in a tech thread, with their search results and I think it's for the better - a lot of these "search results/ads" especially on tech stuff, are not appearing now. Still, it's good to be able to filter them.
PentiumIII/W2K, Toshiba AMD laptop/Vista. FX 3 on both.
old np

Post by old np »

You can toss it up yourself; it's your idea.
paulfox

Post by paulfox »

Well, ok - but w/full credit to you. I'd still be trying ["first dogs:brother-in-law"]
PentiumIII/W2K, Toshiba AMD laptop/Vista. FX 3 on both.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

I don't want to turn off all avatars, when in Mozillazine. However, I swear I'll scream if I have to see this damn silly face one more time in Firefox General : <link to damn silly face removed>

...is there a Stylish/userContent script to turn just this one off? I know you think I'm joking here, but I'm not.
Last edited by Frank Lion on April 27th, 2006, 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Zoolcar9

Post by Zoolcar9 »

img[src*="images/avatars/<link to damn silly face removed>.jpg"] { display: none; }

or use Adblock (right click on the image -> select <code>Adblock Image</code>) ;)
Last edited by Zoolcar9 on April 27th, 2006, 9:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
My Firefox information | Add-ons | GitHub

"With great power, comes great desire to show it off."
dougeeebear

Post by dougeeebear »

np,
I hate to bug you with a last-minute request, but would it be possible to add a button to the editor window to toggle word wrap in the editor?
This would be quite handy (at least for me).
It's a real pain to have to keep changing it in about:config.
This was discussed previously in this thread, but I can't find the post now.
old np

Post by old np »

I don't really see the use in toggling it. Either you want it on or you want it off.

Here's another bug to vote for - bug 335689 - Styles registered with stylesheet service should apply to already loaded documents. This would completely fix instant apply and would let me do instant unapply.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Zoolcar9 wrote:

img[src*="images/avatars/jpg"] { display: none; }

or use Adblock (right click on the image -> select <code>Adblock Image</code>) ;)

Zoolcar9, I am forever in your debt. :P

I only use Flasblock and host file, so this was a perfect solution. Better go and edit out the silly face link, before the guy starts Gmailing me grinning pictures of himself !
Last edited by Frank Lion on April 27th, 2006, 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
dougeeebear

Post by dougeeebear »

dougeeebear wrote:I hate to bug you with a last-minute request, but would it be possible to add a button to the editor window to toggle word wrap in the editor?

np wrote:I don't really see the use in toggling it. Either you want it on or you want it off.

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 58#2110058
old np

Post by old np »

Sorry, it's too late. That would require localizations changes too.
old np

Post by old np »

See here for the latest version of Stylish.