Toolbar Enhancements 0.15

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
clav

Post by clav »

John Liebson wrote:That "new screenshot" link is not linked to the image, which apparently is hiding somewhere else, but trying the link gave me some odd error messages the first time or two I tried it, then it reverted to admitting that the image that is not there is not there.

that's because the mozdev download mirrors will only just have updated. (and some of them are slow at updating)
John Liebson

Re: 0.10.2

Post by John Liebson »

clav wrote:0.10.2 is done. adds a per-tab pref toggle for Meta Refreshes. enough people have asked for it in the fora over the last few months... and it's one where i could think of a nice icon! :)

download: http://downloads.mozdev.org/clav/toolba ... 0.10.2.xpi

new screenshot: http://downloads.mozdev.org/clav/toolba ... uttons.png
shows the new features in 0.9 and 0.10.x

all the screenshots are now in http://downloads.mozdev.org/clav/toolba ... reenshots/
(some were previously in http://clav.mozdev.org/toolbarext/ )

Minor correction: It is the download link that gives odd messages, such as "Failed to change directory 550", or some other arcane CIA/MI5.3.4.98A(37).8* secret codes--but eventually, the file will get downloaded.
clav

Post by clav »

okay, just use these:

http://downloads.us-east3.mozdev.org/cl ... 0.10.2.xpi
http://downloads.us-east3.mozdev.org/cl ... reenshots/

the other download servers all seem to be broken.
John Liebson

Post by John Liebson »

clav wrote:
John Liebson wrote:That "new screenshot" link is not linked to the image, which apparently is hiding somewhere else, but trying the link gave me some odd error messages the first time or two I tried it, then it reverted to admitting that the image that is not there is not there.

that's because the mozdev download mirrors will only just have updated. (and some of them are slow at updating)

Thanks, I understand.

I rather like the concept of a mirror that does not reflect instantly.....
John Liebson

Post by John Liebson »

clav wrote:okay, just use these:

http://downloads.us-east3.mozdev.org/cl ... 0.10.2.xpi
http://downloads.us-east3.mozdev.org/cl ... reenshots/

the other download servers all seem to be broken.

Well, okay, sort of: I installed the extension, but, so far, I cannot get it to actually do anything, alas.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.5) Gecko/20031007 Firebird/0.7

Tools/Options/Extensions shows it to be there, with no way to use the Options button. If I click on the Navigation Toolbar, and select Customize/Add new toolbar, I get a menu, but when I create a new toolbar, it never appears on the screen.

What have I missed, or what am I doing wrong, or ?
clav

Post by clav »

John Liebson wrote:Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.5) Gecko/20031007 Firebird/0.7

i've been testing it on 20031002. i suppose there might have been some changes that break this since then. i'll download a newer build soon.

Tools/Options/Extensions shows it to be there, with no way to use the Options button.

the options button <em>should</em> be disabled because this extension has no need of it. (and so does not provide an options window)

If I click on the Navigation Toolbar, and select Customize/Add new toolbar, I get a menu, but when I create a new toolbar, it never appears on the screen.

does the dialogue asking for the name of the toolbar and with some radio buttons to select where the toolbar should be created appear ?
John Liebson

Post by John Liebson »

Clav: "does the dialogue asking for the name of the toolbar and with some radio buttons to select where the toolbar should be created appear ?"

Yes, that dialogue shows up, and I've entered a toolbar name several times, as well as choosing top/bottom/right/left locations, but no toolbar ever appears.
ehume

Post by ehume »

WFM, on

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.5) Gecko/20031007 Firebird/0.7

and aebrahim's 2003-10-10 0.7+ build
Firefox: Sic transit gloria mundi.
John Liebson

Post by John Liebson »

ehume wrote:WFM, on

Well, my copy works this morning! Perhaps it read your message and was embarrassed, or maybe it was due to a moon-phase change, or perhaps it just needed a good night's sleep, or perhaps it was just perhaps.

All I know for sure is that it is working today, goody.
TychoQuad

Post by TychoQuad »

I have a bit of a problem with the latest build, but i'm sure it's the fault of my firebird build (last friday's) rather than toolbar enhancements... (LOL, I nearly used the acronym TBE :) )

It seems my buttons are all mixed up... any button that is not a default toolbar button has an incorrect image when placed on a toolbar or none at all... most noticable on my Stop/Refresh button, which has no image for Refresh, and the paste image as Stop. Oh yeah, the other one i can see right now is my cookie button, which has the copy image.
clav

Post by clav »

TychoQuad wrote:I have a bit of a problem with the latest build, but i'm sure it's the fault of my firebird build (last friday's) rather than toolbar enhancements... (LOL, I nearly used the acronym TBE :) )

use tbx :)

(which doesn't make much sense since there's no x in Toolbar Enhancements, but never mind)

It seems my buttons are all mixed up... any button that is not a default toolbar button has an incorrect image when placed on a toolbar or none at all... most noticable on my Stop/Refresh button, which has no image for Refresh, and the paste image as Stop. Oh yeah, the other one i can see right now is my cookie button, which has the copy image.

it sounds like the style rule that makes the tbx buttons use chrome://toolbarext/skin/large.png is being ignored for some reason. (if you compare that image with chrome://browser/skin/Toolbar.png you'll see the tbx Stop button is in the same place as the Paste button, and the cookie button in the same place as the Copy button)

(or with small icons it would be chrome://toolbarext/skin/small.png and chrome://browser/skin/Toolbar-small.png)

no idea why that would happen though...
ehume

Post by ehume »

TychoQuad wrote:I have a bit of a problem with the latest build, but i'm sure it's the fault of my firebird build (last friday's) rather than toolbar enhancements... (LOL, I nearly used the acronym TBE :) )

What theme?
Firefox: Sic transit gloria mundi.
chrisgeleven

Post by chrisgeleven »

I must say this is one of my favorite extensions, since the print button is now print preview and I can have the New Tab button on my tab bar. Thanks!
Apple Macbook (Black) - 2.0 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250GB HD, Mac OS X 10.6.x, Firefox 3.6.x
TychoQuad

Post by TychoQuad »

ehume wrote:

What theme?

Default Qute.

EDIT: Totally fresh install and profile, bug still present.
djk

bugs using 10.2

Post by djk »

First, I have to say that this is an awesome extenstion clav!

I've used it enough to find some bugs, though: (fresh install 20030904, new profile with AIO installed but disabled)

1) The "Restore Default Set" button will not remove any buttons placed on the tabbar or statusbar.

2) The history dropdown appears, but does not navigate through history when using the dropmarkers on the back and forward buttons *when they are placed on the tabbar or below the tabbar*. Right-click the button, and that menu works wherever the button is located.

3) There is no toolbar context menu (the same one as view->toolbars) on the tabbar, statusbar, or below the tabbar. ie right-clicking the reload button doesn't bring up the menu when it is located on one of those bars.

I'll keep an eye on this post to answer any questions you may have; thanks!
David