[Ext] Session Manager 0.4 to 0.4.3

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

Muescha wrote:thats not good if you leave the development of session manager.

Fortunately, anybody's got the chance to continue working on it... ;)

Muescha wrote:i have some open bugs for my session manager installation:

Please update to the current testing version before reporting bugs. I suppose most of these are already fixed.

Muescha wrote:crashrecovery: why it is in the profile directory and not in the sessions directory?

Because the Crash Recovery component can also be used without the Session Manager front-end - and a whole folder for just two files seemed overkill.

Muescha wrote:in options i can choose the lenght of saved sessions. i set it to 3 for saved tabs and 3 for saved windows.

These are the numbers of remembered closed tabs and windows which can be restored from the Session Manager menu. For the open tabs and windows, of course everything is saved. If you don't like that, you might want to play around with the userChrome.js snippet I posted in the previous thread (also read this post).

Muescha wrote:sometimes i restore window/tab with posting data. but sometimes this a already send items. i only get the dialogbox ".... you would resend the posted data?".

That's a limitation of Firefox. There shouldn't be any reposting and - if there is - no dialogs. I'd prefer to have reload pages similar to the error pages used by Gecko, but I haven't figured out how to achieve this. Maybe somebody else will do...
dougeeebear

Post by dougeeebear »

I keep having these (console2) messages show up periodically.
I can't seem to figure out what triggers them though.

Code: Select all

Crash Recovery: TypeError: aBrowser has no properties

Code: Select all

Crash Recovery: TypeError: aBrowser.currentURI has no properties
Is anyone else getting these messages, and would anyone care to suggest a cure?
I'm using Session Manager 0.4.
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

zeniko wrote:And for those of you who haven't heard yet: I've decided to stop developing this extension (except from fixing bugs and probably porting changes from the code from bug 328159). There's a chance that desertfox will start working on it in June. Anybody else interested in the code, just PM me...
Will you give desertfox developer access to the mozdev project page you opened recently?

Phil
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

dougeeebear wrote:I keep having these (console2) messages show up periodically.

These result from a race condition when you open a tab and Crash Recovery saves the state of all tabs at the same time (and the newly opened tab's content area hasn't been initialized yet). If these annoy you, you'll have to update to the current <a href="http://www.haslo.ch/zeniko/software/sessionmanager-dev.xpi">testing version</a> (0.4.0.7+) which fixes this issue.

Philip Chee wrote:Will you give desertfox developer access to the mozdev project page you opened recently?

As soon as somebody shows the commitment to continue developing Session Manager and I'm half-way satisfied with the quality of the work, I'll let him/her take over the GUID on AMO, the homepage at mozdev.org and point my update.xml to the new location... (meaning reasonable continuity for the users)
dougeeebear

Post by dougeeebear »

zeniko wrote:
dougeeebear wrote:I keep having these (console2) messages show up periodically.

These result from a race condition when you open a tab and Crash Recovery saves the state of all tabs at the same time (and the newly opened tab's content area hasn't been initialized yet). If these annoy you, you'll have to update to the current <a href="http://www.haslo.ch/zeniko/software/sessionmanager-dev.xpi">testing version</a> (0.4.0.7+) which fixes this issue.

Thanks. I'll give it a try.
Edit... so far, so good.
Muescha

Post by Muescha »

for resolving errors i installed the version "Session Manager 0.4.0.7+".

a new bug in "Session Manager 0.4.0.7+" and not in "Session Manager 0.4" i found:

a session is restoring the window not good:

the window haves the middle symbol (resize? in german "verkleinern") grayed out in the right upper corner between minimize-icon and the red close-icon.

the size of the window is more than the normal, because it goes over my taskbar (a realy fullsized window). normaly programs opened maximized without overlapping the taskbar.

after i doubleclick at the application bar (bluebar) it normaly it toggle between maximized or restore size. but now in is disabled.

if i downgrade to "Session Manager 0.4" it works normaly.
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

Muescha wrote:a session is restoring the window not good:

If that happens, disable automatic session resuming, restart Firefox and then load that session again and re-enable session resuming. If that doesn't fix it, please PM me a session file which exhibits this behavior (crashrecovery.dat and sessions/backup.session). I haven't seen this happening since around version 0.3.
nonname

Post by nonname »

I find that session manager makes all-in-one gestures's "undo closed tab" function don't work.
Is there anything I can do to solve the problem?
Thanks.
Muescha

Post by Muescha »

zeniko wrote:
Muescha wrote:a session is restoring the window not good:

If that happens, disable automatic session resuming, restart Firefox and then load that session again and re-enable session resuming. If that doesn't fix it, please PM me a session file which exhibits this behavior (crashrecovery.dat and sessions/backup.session). I haven't seen this happening since around version 0.3.

still i can not resume session (see previous posts).

this problem happens if i restore a session from saved sessions.
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

Muescha wrote:still i can not resume session (see previous posts).

Well: What version of Session Manager are you reporting these bugs with? Do you get any errors in the JS console (having javascript.options.showInConsole set to true)? Does this also happen on a clean profile? What precisely doesn't work (resuming the session at startup having [ Previous Browsing Session ] set to load? aren't they resumed at all? or rather loading a previously saved session at startup? or loading a manually saved session while running?) And would you mind to PM me such a buggy session?

Please answer all questions (and if you refer to previously reported issues, please quote them again).
Muescha

Post by Muescha »

zeniko wrote:
Muescha wrote:still i can not resume session (see previous posts).

Well: What version of Session Manager are you reporting these bugs with? Do you get any errors in the JS console (having javascript.options.showInConsole set to true)? Does this also happen on a clean profile? What precisely doesn't work (resuming the session at startup having [ Previous Browsing Session ] set to load? aren't they resumed at all? or rather loading a previously saved session at startup? or loading a manually saved session while running?) And would you mind to PM me such a buggy session?

Please answer all questions (and if you refer to previously reported issues, please quote them again).

i will find out the problems exactly with your questions in the next days.

> Do you get any errors in the JS console (having javascript.options.showInConsole set to true)?

can i automatic save of all errors in a log file?
because if it crashes at startup i can not open the JS console and also if FireFox hang at all the JS console have also a "application not respose"
Muescha

Post by Muescha »

i think some errors from come from other extensions.
if i disable all extensions then it seems to work.
i will findout step by step the problem-extension.

but the following error still available (all extensions disabled) and enabled "Session Manager 0.4.0.7+" OR "Session Manager 0.4":

i can reproduce the error with switching between this versions.
(tested also with a old crashrecovery.dat and a new crashrecovery.dat)

for resolving errors i installed the version "Session Manager 0.4.0.7+".

a new bug in "Session Manager 0.4.0.7+" and not in "Session Manager 0.4" i found:

a session is restoring the window not good:

the window haves the middle symbol (resize? in german "verkleinern") grayed out in the right upper corner between minimize-icon and the red close-icon.

the size of the window is more than the normal, because it goes over my taskbar (a realy fullsized window). normaly programs opened maximized without overlapping the taskbar.

after i doubleclick at the application bar (bluebar) it normaly it toggle between maximized or restore size. but now in is disabled.

if i downgrade to "Session Manager 0.4" it works normaly

you remove in crashrecovery.js in function "openWindowWithState" the argument "argString" ... maybe it depends on it?
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

Muescha wrote:can i automatic save of all errors in a log file?

You should be able to do so with the JS console output redirector extension.

Muescha wrote:you remove in crashrecovery.js in function "openWindowWithState" the argument "argString" ... maybe it depends on it?

Thanks for the analysis. I've re-added that argument for <a href="http://www.haslo.ch/zeniko/software/sessionmanager-dev.xpi">v0.4.0.8+</a>. Please verify that the issue is gone.
dougeeebear

Post by dougeeebear »

zeniko,
In the TMP style context menu, under gSessionManager.__remove = function(aSession) I've been trying without success to change the display names of the "OK" and "Cancel" buttons in the confirmation dialog to "Delete" and "Don't Delete".
I've seen it done in other dialogs, and wondered if it is something that can be done relatively easy.
Thanks.
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

@dougeeebear: You'll just have to use confirmEx instead of confirm.