MR Tech's Local Install 4.6.4 (4-20-06)

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
Lost User 162649

Post by Lost User 162649 »

mate this is really strange...page is stuck loading and nothing happens..
i cannot download latest trunk version...i 'll try again tomorrow..
thanks anyway..:)
mrtech

Post by mrtech »

0live wrote:Unless I'm missing something this works only for the EM list not for the options.

fixed locally, it was an Addons 2.0 change, thanks.
mel reyes • mrtech.com • BlogPlaxoLinkedInTwitter
Support mrtech.com get our toolbar
mrtech

Post by mrtech »

Will Pittenger wrote:The current dev build allows users to hide the button bar along the bottom of the TM/EM windows. However, I want to keep it, but move it up top.

got this working on my local build, but the branch 2.0 builds (I think with addons) don't seem to display this properly from time tot time, works well in 1.5.x and I think 3.0, will do some more testing.
mrtech

Post by mrtech »

4.6.4.50301 en-US Dev Build Released

4.6.4.50301 All Locales Dev Build Released

<li> Added: You can now add "Tab Count" and "Window Count" to the customized window title, for example (${TabCount}/${WindowCount}) would yield (5/2) if five tabs were open in the current window and there were two browser windows open, check General|Window Title Options in the Local Install options window
<li> Added: You can now move the Extension/Themes/Addons button bar above the list view, check Manager Hacks|Layout in the Local Install options window
<li> Added: "Show Extension Directory" is now on the list of extensions to prompt to uninstall when you open the Extension manager window as this functionality is included with Local Install. (Branch 2.0 builds hoses this feature, will file bug)
<li> Added: For Sunbird users "about:config" is now a toolbar icon
<li> Updated: Properly setting options tabs when no archive directory is set and user selects Archive from context menu
<li> Updated: Now hiding Nightly Tester Tool button image if hide default images settings is enabled
<li> Updated: about:plugins and about:config toolbar context menus now include recently added about: functions
<li> Updated: removed some unused Sunbird context menus till I get a chance to fix them, saving about 2k
<li> Fixed: Long standing issue with duplicate tabs being created for the Extension & Theme manager when installing and already having a tab open
<li> Fixed: Slight issue with supporting custom locale useragent in Disable XPI Delay install dialog
<li> Fixed: Theme switch was broken with older Firefox/Thunderbird 1.0.x & Netscape 8.x versions
<li> Fixed: Opening My Config to sidebar from the Extension/Theme Manager menu icon was not working if EM/TM was loaded in a window.
<li> Fixed: Text flicker on Extension install dialog if Nightly Tester Tools was installed also
<li> Fixed: bogus "gExtensionsView.selected" error message in Extension/Themes manager with context menus
<li> Fixed: properly hiding "Make Compatible" if no extension/theme is selected

Firefox 2.0 Addons (Extension/Theme) Manager:
50301 build fixes:
- My Config would show all extensions/themes as enabled even though some may have been disabled
- Extensions Options menu was showing options listing for disabled extensions (same bug as the one above)

To do:
- fix shortcut keys
- menu icon for Addons
- still need to refresh list if View filter is being used and switching between Extension and Theme lists
- try to force view for em or tm for both toolbar launch of openManager (currently got it to partially work with sidebar)
- need to disable unneeded Addons 2.0 preferences in Settings window
- do more testing for archiving
XerBlade

Post by XerBlade »

mrtech wrote:<li> Fixed: Long standing issue with duplicate tabs being created for the Extension & Theme manager when installing and already having a tab open

I'm still getting this issue with EM window target set to Current Window/Tab, when either opening EM from toolbar button or clicking an XPI install link. It's working great with the same exact test cases now with the target set to New Tab, though. However, I use middle-click on the toolbar button for when I actually want to open a brand new tab, hence why I don't have the target set that way....
User Agent
Extensions
AMD64/2.41GHz RAM/1.0GB ATI/256MB-GDDR3/128-bit/8xAGP Cable6.0M/384kbps
mrtech

Post by mrtech »

XerBlade wrote:
mrtech wrote:<li> Fixed: Long standing issue with duplicate tabs being created for the Extension & Theme manager when installing and already having a tab open

I'm still getting this issue with EM window target set to Current Window/Tab, when either opening EM from toolbar button or clicking an XPI install link. It's working great with the same exact test cases now with the target set to New Tab, though. However, I use middle-click on the toolbar button for when I actually want to open a brand new tab, hence why I don't have the target set that way....

I know how to fix both issues now, I'll do some testing and make sure that it's in the next build thanks.
Uncle Spellbinder

Post by Uncle Spellbinder »

Since the new Add-Ons manager has a switcher built in to switch from themes to extensions, will the MR Tech toolbar theme and menu buttons be changed to one button? Seeing as they now both open the add-ons manager.
My Firefox Add-Ons Collection: Firefox Essentials
XerBlade

Post by XerBlade »

There's still the difference in what the drop-downs would do.... Perhaps you could do something like add separate menu-only buttons for the original functions of the extension/theme button drop-downs, and give an option to choose which, if any, you want an "Addons button" drop-down to do.
Just thinking out loud. Or, in text....
Of course, there's also the option of having the different buttons just focusing different tabs within the Addons manager.
And now I go back to waiting patiently for 2.0 to go beta, so I can enjoy this nifty new thing without having to deal with as many interfering bugs as nightlies.....
User Agent
Extensions
AMD64/2.41GHz RAM/1.0GB ATI/256MB-GDDR3/128-bit/8xAGP Cable6.0M/384kbps
mrtech

Post by mrtech »

Uncle Spellbinder wrote:Since the new Add-Ons manager has a switcher built in to switch from themes to extensions, will the MR Tech toolbar theme and menu buttons be changed to one button? Seeing as they now both open the add-ons manager.

I'm trying to keep the two toolbar items but just can't seem to get them to switch when loaded, I have something planned and will see. the tools menu option should default to the previously selected list view. Might get this finished tonight/tomorrow.
echoes

Post by echoes »

@mrtech (or anyone else that might know)

is it possible to change the build id string? i use the cairo trunk and i wish i could configure it to add [cairo] at the end of the build string instead of typing it every time.
i.e. Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20060503 Minefield/3.0a1 - Build ID: 2006050308 [cairo]
is there something i can do?
mrtech

Post by mrtech »

disturbedite wrote:@mrtech (or anyone else that might know)

is it possible to change the build id string? i use the cairo trunk and i wish i could configure it to add [cairo] at the end of the build string instead of typing it every time.
i.e. Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20060503 Minefield/3.0a1 - Build ID: 2006050308 [cairo]
is there something i can do?

I know Nightly Tester Tool does this by parsing out some info from one of the main jar/core files, I'll see if there is something I can do to either mimic or just copy the functionality, no promises though.
echoes

Post by echoes »

mrtech wrote:I know Nightly Tester Tool does this by parsing out some info from one of the main jar/core files, I'll see if there is something I can do to either mimic or just copy the functionality, no promises though.

i appreciate it. great work on one of my fav extensions. thank you very much for your consideration!
Old Makondo

Post by Old Makondo »

Mel,
sorry for the large post.
With the latest 50301 dev. installed from the link above, if i choose to move the EM/TM button bar above, it just screws the whole page:

Here's the 'normal' view:

Also, what is about: function and where can i find it? I moved all menu items into one 'Tools' - could it be i don't see it because of that?
TIA!

PS. The only console error i see is:

Error: gExtensionsView has no properties
Source file: chrome://mozapps/content/extensions/extensions.js
Line: 206

gExtensionsView.removeEventListener("select", onThemeSelect, false);
mrtech

Post by mrtech »

Please read the release notes:
"Added: "Show Extension Directory" is now on the list of extensions to prompt to uninstall when you open the Extension manager window as this functionality is included with Local Install. (Branch 2.0 builds hoses this feature, will file bug) "

the error shown is specific to Addons 2.0, if it had said chrome://local_install then it would be all mine. It doesn't look too serious though.
Old Makondo

Post by Old Makondo »

I'm sorry i do not understand the post above. Did i installed a wrong version (for Fx 1.5.0.3)?