[Ext] Session Manager 0.4 to 0.4.3

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Claycom

Session Manager Cache

Post by Claycom »

Is there a way to not even have a Session cache list instead of having to manually clear one?
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

I'm not sure I understand the question. Setting the number of backup sessions to keep to 0 and disabling the session backup at shutdown will prevent any session to be automatically added to the session list. Should you mean something different, please elaborate.
Muescha

Post by Muescha »

zeniko wrote:Note however that this will only work for manually saved sessions. The easiest way of getting this globally would be to edit crashrecovery.js (in the extension's components subdirectory) and change the line....

can i use for this patch also the userchrome.js with "xxxobject.xxxfunction.toString().replace(" construct?
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

No.
dougeeebear

Post by dougeeebear »

zeniko,
In the TMP style context menu there is the option to "Load (Append To Current Session)".
If there are multiple tabs in the appended session, regardless of which tab is the focused tab, the left tab of the appended session always ends up as focused.

In other words, if the appended session has the third (or whatever) tab focused when opening normally from the session list, the first (left) tab of that session is always focused when appended.

Make sense? :)

Any ideas how I might rectify this?
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

dougeeebear: Try the latest <a href="http://www.haslo.ch/zeniko/software/sessionmanager-dev.xpi">testing version</a> (0.4.1.6+) for a fix to this issue.
dougeeebear

Post by dougeeebear »

zeniko wrote:dougeeebear: Try the latest <a href="http://www.haslo.ch/zeniko/software/sessionmanager-dev.xpi">testing version</a> (0.4.1.6+) for a fix to this issue.

Thanks, zeniko... that fixed it.
dougeeebear

Post by dougeeebear »

zeniko,
Is it possible to add a pref to disable the crash warning page?
I would rather not see it.
I looked in about:config and didn't see anything pertaining to that.
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

If you really don't want the crash warning page, just set the pref extensions.crashrecovery.crash_warning_uri to an empty string.
dougeeebear

Post by dougeeebear »

zeniko wrote:If you really don't want the crash warning page, just set the pref extensions.crashrecovery.crash_warning_uri to an empty string.

Once again, thanks.
ottawa

Passwords over Passwords

Post by ottawa »

Each recovered tab wants me to key-in the password for the cryptography-module. This needs to be fixed.
old zeniko

Re: Passwords over Passwords

Post by old zeniko »

ottawa wrote:Each recovered tab wants me to key-in the password for the cryptography-module. This needs to be fixed.

Please elaborate on what you're talking about and how to reproduce this behavior.
ottawa

Post by ottawa »

I start Firefox (1.5.0.3) with about 60 tabs that have to be opened from the last session (the day before). I am asked to key in the master-password of Firefox's password manager (and the password of the proxy I'm using) about 10 times, obviously the amount of tabs where a login-form is to be filled out (i.e. webmail). I'm using SessionManager 0.4.1.1 and TabMixPlus 0.3.0.5.

The only way to get around keying in 10 times is to start Firefox without loading the last session, keying in the master-password on any website that needs a password only one time and then load the session of the day before manually.
Petula

SessionManager won't install in FireFox

Post by Petula »

First i got the "The file is not a valid installation package."
Next, as per your directions, i went to the homepage for the SessionManager extension, and tried to install it from there. Firefox prevented your site from installing it, to protect my computer.
Peng

Re: SessionManager won't install in FireFox

Post by Peng »

Petula wrote:Firefox prevented your site from installing it, to protect my computer.

Of course it did. There's a button to add the website to the whitelist.
Hug Peng
(aka Matt Nordhoff)
Check out: Adblock Plus | FoxClocks | OpenBook