[Ext] superT 0.7.9 - tab browsing extension for Fx&Flock

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.

What feature do you want most?

Option to select left tab after closing
6%
Compatibility with latest Firefox trunk builds
44%
Support for Firefox's new tab bar scroll buttons
31%
More tab clicking options
19%

Total votes: 16

CPU

Post by CPU »

TwisterMc wrote:
desertfox wrote:the reason the tab drop down menu is centered is because of your theme's code, not my code.
in other themes, the menu is left-justified.
in yours, it's centered, because the alignment gets inherited from the tab bar alignment (which is centered).

Do you know what code that is or what file is in? Thanks for the update. I had a feeling you'd say that.

i had posted this on your thread but apparantly it was ignored
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 54#2150554

desertfox wrote:the tab drag indicator was intentionally hidden because it gets messed up when using the different tab bar modes.
this is a known issue and i'll work on it after school gets out in june.

ironic isnt it? tmp was criticized for replacing the drag code from 1.5 but this was one of the reasons for it too
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20051114 Firefox/1.5 - Build ID: 2005111403
TwisterMc

Post by TwisterMc »

Thanks for my reply. My bad.
ugong

Post by ugong »

why is there are two identical favicons on my tab? how can i fix it?

Post by ******** »

superT is NOT compatible with Tab Mix Plus and several other tabbed browsing extensions.
But it includes the features of many of these other extensions, so installing both would be redundant.
ugong

Post by ugong »

any other ideas? for superT and TMP to work together? coz i used TMP to manage tabs opening etc.
superT is for tabbar eye candy. can i tweak the userchrome.css?
XerBlade

Post by XerBlade »

There is basically one thing in SuperT that is not in TMP, and that is in another extension which is compatible with TMP, and also has little to do with "eye candy." If you really want TMP-specific features, you're better off just sticking with TMP.
User Agent
Extensions
AMD64/2.41GHz RAM/1.0GB ATI/256MB-GDDR3/128-bit/8xAGP Cable6.0M/384kbps
SteffenFromBerlin

Re: superT 0.7.8 - tab browsing extension for Fx & Flock

Post by SteffenFromBerlin »

Works fine, but I can't see the original close-button on the right anymore? I "fixed it" with "Tab X" meanwhile but I would like to use the original one again. What can I do / What's wrong???
c.ya...

Post by ******** »

go to superT options and select "show close button"
Uncle Spellbinder

Post by Uncle Spellbinder »

desertfox wrote:go to superT options and select "show close button"

I'm runnung 0.7.8 and I have no "show close button" option.
My Firefox Add-Ons Collection: Firefox Essentials

Post by ******** »

@uncle spellbinder:
that's because you're using a new build that has close buttons on all tabs.
superT doesn't add a close button on the right. it only gives an option to remove it if it exists.
in a future version, i might add an option to add a close button on the right and a visible pref for removing the close buttons on all tabs, both for Fx 2.0.
but i will not add close buttons on all tabs for Fx 1.5, because Fx 2.0 will be released by then.
Uncle Spellbinder

Post by Uncle Spellbinder »

desertfox wrote:@uncle spellbinder:
that's because you're using a new build that has close buttons on all tabs.
superT doesn't add a close button on the right. it only gives an option to remove it if it exists.
in a future version, i might add an option to add a close button on the right and a visible pref for removing the close buttons on all tabs, both for Fx 2.0.
but i will not add close buttons on all tabs for Fx 1.5, because Fx 2.0 will be released by then.

Gotcha. :wink:
My Firefox Add-Ons Collection: Firefox Essentials

Post by ******** »

Alright. 0.7.9 coming up, probably this week.
Updated locales and improved in-code documentation for anyone who wants to improve upon the code.

Post by ******** »

hmm, it looks like the Firefox devs are working on a tab bar overflow solution:
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=318168

Right now, they're trying to fix the tab drop indicator's position.
If I have time, I'll try to get the indicator to appear in the correct spot for my extension.
Hans Salvisberg

Post by Hans Salvisberg »

desertfox wrote:any feature requests for 0.8?

so far, to be considered:
1. focus tab to left of tab being closed
2. [your suggestion here] ;)

Implement what FLST calls "tab-flippping": focus the previously focused tab when the user clicks the focused tab. This allows two useful modes of operation:
-- flip back and forth between any two tabs just by clicking on the same tab repeatedly
-- go back to the previously focused tab without closing the current one, e.g. when you've opened a dozen tabs from a links page, click on the fifth to look at the fifth, click on it again to get back to the index, click on the sixth to look at the sixth, etc. -- that way you never lose track of the index tab.

In the bigger picture it would make sense to add "focus previously focused tab" to the list of superT Tab Clicking Options and add a subtab "click focused" alongside "double-click", "middle-click", etc.

BTW, there's a small bug: in 0.7.8: if you click on the already focused tab, the tab highlight becomes sticky and won't go away anymore, even if you focus a different tab.

Thanks for a very nice extension!
Hans
kilroo

Post by kilroo »

desertfox wrote:any feature requests for 0.8?

so far, to be considered:
1. focus tab to left of tab being closed
2. [your suggestion here] ;)

First of all, I heartily support feature candidate #1. If that were added, I could actually use this extension, which would make me very happy because it does ALMOST everything else I need and is very SMALL. (I honestly can't really comprehend a desire to have focus behave any other way...it boggles my mind.)

Moving along to my own request, and I apologize if it's there already and I missed it or if this is something I can set in Firefox and couldn't find the setting for:

I need an option where using the scroll wheel with the mouse over the tab bar either:

scrolls through what tabs are visible without changing which tab has focus (best choice)
scrolls the currently focused tab as if the mouse were still over the page itself
or does absolutely nothing at all.

Having a circumstance under which the mouse wheel can change which tab is active, despite how unlikely it may seem to some people that I could do it by accident, is something I prefer to avoid.

Keep up the good work. This shows a lot of promise and I bet there are a lot of people out there who already love it over TMP.