New Extension: Restart Firefox

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
hulkviper

Keyboard shortcut

Post by hulkviper »

Can you also add a keyboard shortcut to restart firefox?

Would be perfect if you could choose what key to have it as keyboard shortcut

Edit:
Found that MR Tech's Local Install 4.6.4 had restart also and some more things I needed.
http://www.mrtech.com/extensions/

will be using this instead, thx anyway!
mc510

Post by mc510 »

Could this extension be tweaked to provide a menu option to restart with a different profile (i.e., "switch user profile")?
jedbro

Post by jedbro »

@hulkviper, Sure I'll add that to the next release

@mc510, not sure. I don't know if Firefox's restart mechanism allows restarting with commandline arguments.. I'll look into it though
jedbro

Post by jedbro »

dougeeebear wrote:...does that mean 'Restart' will not be further developed to be compatible with Session Manager?

Not sure what you mean? As long as a 'Session Manager' version exists, I'll try and make sure I don't cause any compatibility issues.

However, fyi, the next version of Restart 'will' allow a very basic 'restore' last tabs option, where it will reload any tabs and their urls if you wish on restart.
dougeeebear

Post by dougeeebear »

jedbro wrote:
dougeeebear wrote:...does that mean 'Restart' will not be further developed to be compatible with Session Manager?

Not sure what you mean? As long as a 'Session Manager' version exists, I'll try and make sure I don't cause any compatibility issues.

However, fyi, the next version of Restart 'will' allow a very basic 'restore' last tabs option, where it will reload any tabs and their urls if you wish on restart.

Sounds good.
One other thing, if you restart/resume with multiple tabs open, the currently focused tab is not focused on restart.
On restart, the right-most tab always has focus.
goofyFr

Post by goofyFr »

Thanks jedbro for this very handy extension :)

A little user request here : would it be possible to add "Restart with another profile" as a new feature ? It already exists with Seamonkey and it is quite useful.
dcloud

Post by dcloud »

Hi Jed. Great extension. I'd been looking for one like this. I got tired of having to close FF and then restart (for downloads, etc.) and then loosing all my open tabs. This way I can go right back to where I was. There is only one thing which is odd. When I go into customize to place the button on my menu bar there is all these buttons (instead of just the Restart button). Is that a glitch or something? Otherwise excellent work.