calPapers v0.0.1 - Printing options for Sunbird 0.3a2

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
EndersGame

calPapers v0.0.1 - Printing options for Sunbird 0.3a2

Post by EndersGame »

One of the biggest complaints I've seen from people using Sunbird 0.3a2 (and 0.3a1) is the lack of printing options. I took some time and put together a <b>testing version</b> of an extension that offers some more 2 additional options, a month-view and a weekly-planner. The extension showcases the great work that mvl has done in making it extremely easy for extensions to add new printing options. Similar tools could be used to offer additional importing or exporting formats. You can download the extension <a href="http://jminta.googlepages.com/cal-extras">here</a>. Please post feedback in this thread.
Lu-Tze

Post by Lu-Tze »

Thanks a lot for this. This was the one big problem I have always had with Sunbird. This is great first attempt. Nice and simple. Will work for me until they get more fancy shading and stuff :-). Is there any way to get this to work with Thunderbird and Lightning?
jonalb

Post by jonalb »

I couldn't get this to work with 0.3a2. Am I doing something wrong?
EndersGame

Post by EndersGame »

What didn't work? Were there errors? Would it not install?
jonalb

Post by jonalb »

The add-ons menu shows the icon for Cal Papers 0.0.1 and states "Will be upgraded when Sunbird restarts. Not compatible with Sunbird 0.3a2"
no error messages on restart.
jonalb

Post by jonalb »

Every time I restart Sunbird, the software installation window opens offering to install Cal Papers. Then Sunbird opens but nothing has changed in the print menu. If I open tools,add-ons, I get the message "Will be upgraded when Sunbird restarts. Not compatible with Sunbird 0.3a2"
EndersGame

Post by EndersGame »

It sounds like you've hit a bug in the extension manager. What happens if you try with a clean profile? (http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile)
jonalb

Post by jonalb »

I deleted the entire sunbird dir. reloaded program and reloaded your extension, to no avail. Think I'll go back to an earlier version.
cjahn

Post by cjahn »

I like the interface and the output format, but when i go to print in month grid, it prints ALL the calendars, not just the selected calendar.
EndersGame

Post by EndersGame »

Printing code is currently written to correspond to what's seen in the views. So, if it prints unchecked calendars, that's a bug. To print just one calendar, you should uncheck all the others. (The interface isn't 100% clear on that behavior.)
xjahn

Post by xjahn »

EndersGame wrote:Printing code is currently written to correspond to what's seen in the views. So, if it prints unchecked calendars, that's a bug. To print just one calendar, you should uncheck all the others. (The interface isn't 100% clear on that behavior.)

Yes, I got that. It still prints everything. Definitely a bug. HOWEVER, if I quit the program with the desired calender the only one in view, when I restart and print the dialogue correctly shows only that one calender, and prints only that one calendar.
}:-) Christopher Jahn
{:-( http://home.comcast.net/~xjahn/Main.html
AmiScorp

Post by AmiScorp »

Where does one get the calpapers extension? I have not been able to find a download source for it. Does it work with the latest nightlies of Sunbird? Also does it work with Lightning or will it work in the future? Will Lightning have anyt printing options in 0.3? The wiki suggests that it can or will have print features but I see none in last week's nightly builds.

Thanks
xjahn

Post by xjahn »

The link is in the first post in this discussion. Where he writes "You can download the extension here", "here" is a link to the extension.
}:-) Christopher Jahn
{:-( http://home.comcast.net/~xjahn/Main.html
EndersGame

Post by EndersGame »

Lightning 0.3 will have printing options. (The extension itself does not work with Lightning.) The Lightning nightlies do not yet have these options, since we're still sorting out the best way to integrate it into the Thunderbird menus.
AmiScorp

Post by AmiScorp »

Got it. And thanks for the quick response. I look forward to having the printing features available in Lightning. I prefer to use Lightning/Thunderbird vs Sunbird at this time.