How do I get rid of POSTDATA confirm box?

Discussion of general topics about Seamonkey
chaomancer

Post by chaomancer »

One thing I didn't see mentioned by anyone is a very legitimate reason for having a method for suppressing the confirm repost message. The repost dialog is really, really annoying for those of us who develop interactive web pages. My Google search brought me to this topic. I searched Google because I get so tired of always having to click-off that warning as I reload pages during the build process. I am in complete control of my development and the related processes. It just seems strange that an effort such as Firefox, that encourages community, does not have any inclination to help us web programmers.

I like Firefox a lot. I used IE for years. Now I find that I would much rather use Firefox. However, IE does have an option for turning off the confirm repost dialog. I may go back to IE just for that.

Very disappointing...
therube

Post by therube »

I gather you have seen this?

"Have an option to disable "PAGE CONTAINS POST DATA" warnings"
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=160144
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
chaomancer

Post by chaomancer »

Nope. I hadn't seen it. So a brighter future lies ahead... good.
therube

Post by therube »

Or maybe not?

One post there suggested WONTFIX.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
LordVger

Post by LordVger »

<b>chaomancer</b>

It won't help me, but it'll help out most of the folks I work with if I knew how to disable that in IE. Can you help?
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

jasonb wrote:I've never seen a postdata confirmation dialog anywhere on this board either...
Try this:
Open Advanced Search. Search something (e.g. POST message) and on the first result page press F5 to refresh. That gives me the POST data dialog.
Rick Harvey

Post by Rick Harvey »

I think it is really a pain. I NEVER order on line. I get it on a dating site and when only on the page seconds and try to go back, to keep having the warning really sucks. Like the one post about going back to I.E, I am also really getting fed up with this nonsence. I have had to hit the button over 1000 times now on the dating site that is selling nothing, but a subscription once in 3 months, and then you have to click INTO the UPDATE MEMBERSHIP box. That pay site is http://www.hornymatches.com Now when I go on the FREE dating site, http://www.plentyoffish.com I do not get the post data crap!

Strange thing, I only get it on a couple sites. I agree there should be a way to force Mozilla to reload from the cache, which will also make the reloading a lot faster!
Help stamp out microsoft, Switch to LINUX, where updates ARE backward compatable. Does anyone know where I can get microsoft toilet paper?
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

Make it a habbit to open such pages in a new tab with a middle-click: then you can just close that tab to go back and you don't have a problem with resending POST data or Firefox checking if the page needs updating.
Rick Harvey

Post by Rick Harvey »

That is extra steps, exactly what I am trying to get rid of. That is just substituting one problem with another. That is no solution
Help stamp out microsoft, Switch to LINUX, where updates ARE backward compatable. Does anyone know where I can get microsoft toilet paper?
Alya

Post by Alya »

I have a lot of problems with this message when network is slow.

It's especially problematic when trying to search a web page. I enter search terms into the web form, and continue reading another tab while waiting for results to load in the background.

The browser repeatedly brings that background tab into focus to tell me that postdata expired from cache.

I think all normal websites have build-in protections from buying something twice by reloading the page. Websites ask for confirmation before putting in an order. I cannot think of ever buying anything with one click - they always make you go through multiple forms and pages before your order is finalized and put through. You are not going to end up buying "ten porsches" by reloading the webpage.

Plus, most users don't understand that complicated warning anyway (as was correctly pointed out) and click "yes" anyway. So it's NOT this pop-up that prevents users from buying "ten porsches".

At present, when I cannot get my search carried out even once, the risk of doing that search ten times is the least of my worries.

Aren't there any solutions at all?
Rick Harvey

Post by Rick Harvey »

I m getting so fed up with it, I am about to start using another browser, like Opera. I cant imagne that Mozilla has not made an option to turn this irritation off.

I would expect something like that from microsoft, but not Mozilla.

Also in Opera, you can tell it to report as if it is internet explorer, instead of Mozilla, so you get proper html strings sent.

Lately I am getting a lot of webpages that have one line of print on top of others and some that go to the right UNDER a banner ad.

This is evidentally some new crap from microlimp to mess with other browsers. The fact they keep getting by with it and the other atrocities, just goes to prove, we have the best congress, and judicial system, money can buy!
Wewpt

Post by Wewpt »

I'm having the same problem here, and as well, it seems if I do not wait a few seconds I can't even CLICK on the button, I have to hit enter on my keyboard for some reason which makes it even more annoying.

Come on guys, fix this :)
Rick Harvey

Post by Rick Harvey »

Now another problem. lately I am getting lines going under banner ads and other lines printing on top of other lines.

I seen a post on Virtual Dr, that said your browser identifies itself to the site. The sites then send special html for the particular browser. The thing is that if it sends html for microlimp it renders fine, BUT they PURPOSELY send a lesser html string for other browsers, so they dont look as good.

I used to use Opera and it had the option to have the Opera report that it is any browser. So you can have itr to reoprt it is internet explorer, and then get the good html, thus it looks perfect. I wish there was a way to add this feature into Mozilla.

This problem really is irritating, and it is something microlimp is doing INTENTIONALLY!
BenoitRen

Post by BenoitRen »

I wish there was a way to add this feature into Mozilla.

http://chrispederick.com/work/useragentswitcher/
Rick Harvey

Post by Rick Harvey »

Will this make Mozilla tell the host site Mozilla is internet explorer, (if I select it). I think that is what the link is. It is a little vague, the way it is described.

Thanks
Rick