SpellBound Development version

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
selvan777

Post by selvan777 »

The underscores did the trick, thanks a bunch.

[edit]
P.S. I downloaded SpellBound Development v.0.9.8.20060108 from

Errorik.com - SpellBound in Firefox 1.5
http://www.errorik.com/archive/b92zcy/S ... ox-1.5.htm
always with the latest version of Firefox & her Add-ons
James

Post by James »

selvan777 wrote:P.S. I downloaded SpellBound Development v.0.9.8.20060108 from

Errorik.com - SpellBound in Firefox 1.5
http://www.errorik.com/archive/b92zcy/S ... ox-1.5.htm

You downloaded from the exchangecode.com link that can can be found in first post of this thread. The dev version comes with en-US dictionary.
selvan777

Post by selvan777 »

XerBlade wrote:P.S. Trying to guess at object ids is pointless, since there's a good chance you're pretty much never going to find the right one at random, much of the time. That's what DOM Inspector is there for (well, one of the things, anyway).

Pointless? I don't know about. Guessing at it is how I got autofill to also hide. No doubt ,it was pure luck though. I'll have to download DOM, looks like another neat utility to play with.
always with the latest version of Firefox & her Add-ons
michaelmmunoz

Post by michaelmmunoz »

I have any questions about the persdict.dat. i work under win32 environment and use sometimes word2000. i can setup word so that i can use the persdict.dat from spellbound. this works very fine. my problem is, that i have a personal dictonary with arround 40k of words in it. when i copy my dictonary to the persdict.dat in mozilla profile dir, it is used with spellbound. but when i have used ist with spellbound the size of the persdict.dat is now arround 562bytes, many of my words are deleted. the file isnt any more sorted alpabeticly like before that...

is this normal ? is there a size limitation of the persdict.dat ?

another point are german umaluts like ä, ö and such things. when i put words via spellbound in my dictonary the ä is replaced with the ascii sign for this german sign. when i put a word with word in the dictonary than word puts the original ä in
eatinwokout

Post by eatinwokout »

I installed the dev extension 0.9.8.20060108. Using Firefox 1.5.0.4 on OSX 10.4.5 (intel). The extension was installed successfully. I can right click in a text form and select check spelling but nothing happens. Under the spellbound development extensions settings, I do have enable spell checking enabled. The test area does not seem to be picking up on spelling errors leading me to believe that a dictionary was not installed. However, i've checked the myspell directory within components and I do have write properties enabled.

Anyone willing to lend a hand? I'd really love to get spell check up and running instead of going back to Safari.
tolremeno

Post by tolremeno »

Did you select which dictionary to use, by checking a section and selecting it in the popup window?
tolremeno - still a *bird lover
eatinwokout

Post by eatinwokout »

Therein lies the problem. I was never prompted to select a language. I know what window you're referring to though as I've managed to get this extension running on WinXP Firefox install.
tolremeno

Post by tolremeno »

There is no prompt for language. It's a design flaw. As far as I can tell, you have to psychically know to go in and select the dictionary.
tolremeno - still a *bird lover
eatinwokout

Post by eatinwokout »

Where exactly would this library be located then?

users/library/application support/firefox/profiles/xxxx.default/extensions/spellbound@exchangecode?
XerBlade

Post by XerBlade »

Okay, here's the problem (to prevent any more errors in communication):
The ONLY window (part of the design flaw) which you can select the dictionary from will NOT come up with to begin with. After all, this is the window that comes up when you right-click a text form and select Check Spelling.
If you can't get this window to appear to begin with, which eatinwokout already said isn't happening, you can't select the dictionary. Though this window is supposed to come up whether a dictionary is selected or not. In other words, the issue has nothing to do with the dictionary to begin with.

By the way... This extension has specific binary file support set up separately for each OS. It hasn't has OSX Intel support added. Thus, it should not be able to work. There's probably the source of your problem.

P.S. You can also set the dictionary (to English, for example) by setting the pref spellchecker.dictionary in about:config to en-US.
User Agent
Extensions
AMD64/2.41GHz RAM/1.0GB ATI/256MB-GDDR3/128-bit/8xAGP Cable6.0M/384kbps
eatinwokout

Post by eatinwokout »

Ok thanks XerBlade. I'm going to go ahead and assume that OSX intel support (or lack thereof) is the culprit.
Robert S.

Post by Robert S. »

There is no intel Mac OS X support due to the libraries being different... soon it will just be available with Firefox so I am not too motivated to fix it at this time since I have other work to do. I believe it works when using rosetta on Intel Mac's.

btw: the dev version should set the dictionary to the first one it finds and will install the dictionary if the user has write access to the location they need to be installed... there is also additional info in the spellbound help available in spellbound's options panel.
michaelmmunoz

Post by michaelmmunoz »

hello again...

are there any news about the maximum size of the persdict.dat recarding my last post ?
Robert S.

Post by Robert S. »

I don't know of any documented size limit for the persdict.dat... it is the same as with Thunderbird and Seamonkey since it uses the same spellchecking engine, etc. and it would have the same limitations.
michaelmmunoz

Post by michaelmmunoz »

i have now installed the development version of spellbound, i have found a interesting fact: as you can see in my erlier post, im using the personal dictonary file for firefox an for microsoft word. when i have firefox up and running, i can add as many words as i can to dictonary file, i cann see and edit all of this words via the option dialog of spellbound. but when im not closing firefox and fire up microsoft word and then add words to peronal dictonary via word, i cant see these newly added words in the personal dictonary interface in spellbound. but when i reload firefox (ans spellbound) all the new words from word are in the file and can be regonized from spellbound.

is ist possible to reload the persdict.dat with every call of spellbound ? (i mean, when i click on "Check Spelling" ).

i think this was my problem in the earlier post of me: i load up firefox (and spellbound) with a few words in the dictonary, run firefox in the background an add some words via microsoft word, the words will be added to the dictonary, but when i close word and use again firefox, the atatus of the personal dictonary is in the old memory state of firefox, and when is use firefox now, it is saved in this state and overwrites the words form word...