Tool for minimizing Thunderbird to the system tray

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
kame_sense

Post by kame_sense »

Well I upgraded TB to version 0.3 and TT 7.6 works perfectly now !
Thank you nice job dfx ;)
dfx

Post by dfx »

Just released version 0.7.7. This version includes some minor improvements and a couple new command-line options. Unless anyone comes across any major bugs in this release it will be the last 0.7.x version.

http://www.protonfx.com/download/thundertray07.zip

Post by newbie »

I just installed version 0.7.7 and version 0.7.5 is better.

Thundertray is running. When you click on the exit-button of Thunderbird it exits ok. Then when you double click on Thundertray it doesn't show Thunderbird. Thundertray is only activated. Double click again and Thunderbird is shown but not in the right size. I have it normally opened maximized, but now I have to do that manually everytime.

Anyone with the same problem?

Back to version 0.7.5.

I'm running Windows XP with SP1 installed.

Regards,

N.
dfx

Post by dfx »

newbie wrote:Thundertray is running. When you click on the exit-button of Thunderbird it exits ok. Then when you double click on Thundertray it doesn't show Thunderbird. Thundertray is only activated. Double click again and Thunderbird is shown but not in the right size. I have it normally opened maximized, but now I have to do that manually everytime.

What you describe is (most likely) caused by the "launchhide" option. Previously (pre 0.7.6) launching Thunderbird from Thundertray (e.g. by double clicking the icon) would always start Thunderbird with the main window shown. Starting from version 0.7.6 this depends on the "launchhide" command-line option. When specified Thunderbird will <u>always</u> be launched in a hidden state (this would explain why you have to double-double-click to show the main window). No doubt everything works fine if you use "launchshow" or nothing on the command-line.

I'm not sure if anyone actually wants a separate setting for the show/hidden state of Thunderbird upon startup and when using the tray icon. If so then please let me know, it wouldn't be hard to add/change this.

Post by newbie »

dfx wrote:What you describe is (most likely) caused by the "launchhide" option.

I'm using the "noicononshow"option. The "launchhide"option I don't use.

Gr,

N.
dfx

Post by dfx »

Hmm, strange. I will look into it.
WebAngel

Ttray for sunbird

Post by WebAngel »

I use Thundertray 0.7.7 and it's incredible. I need something like this application for may sunbird, because it's important for me to have it activated each time a start using my pc (for the alarms). Can you do something for sunbird? Or can Ttray in the future manage all the *bird applications?

Thankyou so much,
Angel
dfx

Re: Ttray for sunbird

Post by dfx »

WebAngel wrote:I use Thundertray 0.7.7 and it's incredible. I need something like this application for may sunbird, because it's important for me to have it activated each time a start using my pc (for the alarms). Can you do something for sunbird? Or can Ttray in the future manage all the *bird applications?

I have no intention of making Thundertray into a generic "minimize to tray" tool - there are already quite some good free applications that do this. Howevrtm Thundertray may be extended with support for other Mozilla applications in the future.
DizzyWeb

Post by DizzyWeb »

I'm using Mozilla Thunderbird 0.4a (20031028) and thundertray no longer sees wether TB is running or not, it always states Thunderbird is inactive.
It doesn't minimize to the tray anymore either.

This makes thundertray rather useless ;)
The author can never, in no way, be held responsible for any harm caused, mental or physical, by reading this post.
Yavin

Post by Yavin »

Hey dfx!

Im using TB 0.3 and the TBCalendar (based on MozillaCalendar). T-Tray works fine for me (XP, SP1), thx for your work!.
What about a similar tool for the calendar?
-=[ may the force be with you ]=-
DizzyWeb

Post by DizzyWeb »

Hmm, another test shows me it does hide the minimized TB window, but I cannot get it back, because thundertray thinks TB is closed.

[edit]
Allright, I'm lost. Had to reboot my machine today, cause Norton LiveUpdate wanted to...
And now it works just fine again.
Weird.
The author can never, in no way, be held responsible for any harm caused, mental or physical, by reading this post.
Pwrslve666

Hot Key for Thundertray

Post by Pwrslve666 »

I've installed Thundertray and it rocks for what I need. I even created a mini-bat script to have it launch on startup.

One suggestion if development ever fires up on this app again:

Create a hot key to toggle Thunderbird visible / send to tray.

That would rule!

Thanks again for the app!
DizzyWeb

Post by DizzyWeb »

newbie wrote:I just installed version 0.7.7 and version 0.7.5 is better.

Thundertray is running. When you click on the exit-button of Thunderbird it exits ok. Then when you double click on Thundertray it doesn't show Thunderbird. Thundertray is only activated. Double click again and Thunderbird is shown but not in the right size. I have it normally opened maximized, but now I have to do that manually everytime.

Anyone with the same problem?

Back to version 0.7.5.

I'm running Windows XP with SP1 installed.

Regards,

N.

I'm seeing axactly the same on my PC & laptop.
XP SP1 aswell.
But, however, I'm not using andy commandline arguments, so it has nothing to do with those.
TB just starts minimized and when I doubleclick thundertray again, it opens, but not maximized as it should be.
gbrandl

Post by gbrandl »

v0.7.7 works great for me, thank you!

Georg

Post by newbie »

gbrandl wrote:v0.7.7 works great for me, thank you!

Georg

More info is needed.

What OS do you use? Do you use a command line option?

The developer is really quiet here.

Regards,

N.