need help with pics

Closed Forum
Snake321

need help with pics

Post by Snake321 »

Hey, I doubt this will get through because they didn't give me a link to register, but I'm gonna give it a shot. I need to know how to enlarge pics and keep the clarity of the pics. When I enlarge pics they become blurry.
I'm not a computer pro, so your gonna hafta tell me in dummy terms. Can anyone help me?

Post by Guest »

oh yeah, one more thing... Please don't anyone write berrating me because I don't know what a compact dsl whatever whatever is. I only care that I can get online and do what I need to do, I dont care if I have the latest linnux model whatever. I'm using a gateway computer, microsoft. People who insist on badgering me over such things are likely to be some sci-fi trekkie geeks who can't bully anyone in real life so they do it online instead. I'm not saying that there will be people like this but the repair man has told me that net bullies like to pick on and prey on people using microsoft.
Anyways, yeah, can anyone tell me how to enlarge a pic and keep the pic's clarity?
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Your attitude sure isn't going to make anyone want to help you.

Post by Guest »

I'm sorry if I sounded defensive, I didn't mean to come off sounding this way. I wasn't trying to be a prick, it's just that my computer had gotten hit by a virus before and it cost me $400 to pay a repairman to get it fixed and he said alot of people like to pick on microsoft and send viruses to us because simply put, microsoft isn't exactly the "coolest" thing to be using. I wasn't accusing anyone, but last time I asked something like this on a forum I got flamed to high hell because I did not know what an ICQ (or something like that) was. Once again, sorry if I sounded defensive, and I am not accusing anyone of anything. Can anyone help me?
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

Basically, you can't do what you want to do.

Computer images are made up of discrete dots of color called "pixels". When you display an image in its native size, you have one dot of color for each pixel in the image. If you then try to enlarge the image, now each of those original dots must be spread over several pixels on your screen -- but the image contains no additional information about the details to put into those additional pixels.

The application doing the enlarging will have to figure out what values to put into those additional pixels. In its most basic form, the application doing the enlarging will just duplicate each single pixel into a block of identical pixels. Most modern applications will go beyond that and do some sort of averaging compared to surrounding pixels to fill everything in, and make the enlarged image as smooth as possible. But it can't add detail that is not there in the original, with the result that the enlarged image appears to lose sharpness.
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 124.0.2 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 124.2.0/115.9.0 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
cliff Webster

enlarged picts & angry

Post by cliff Webster »

Know where this person is coming from. if had my way anyone that sends out a virus or some other trouble causing antic on purpose would have a simlar sent right back to their system crashing it permanently. The helper is correct on the picts. No way to increase size without blurring. Someone may have an enhancing feature that you can add to your system to help but I doubt you want to even try to go there
darcady

Pictures

Post by darcady »

The one answer that you got was correct. But this may help. If you are taking pictures with a digital camera, you will have setting on the camera, something like: Good, Better, Best. Selecting Best will give your the best quality with the most pixels. Consequently, when you enlarge the Best type picture, you will get a better quality picture, then you would for say the Good setting on your camera. Also, the type of camera will also matter. At 3.1 pixel camera will not have produce as good a quality as a 5.1 pixel camera. Hope this helps.
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

and it cost me $400 to pay a repairman to get it fixed

Your repair person ripped you off. You can buy a new computer for that these days.