BonEcho Tabs display in tab bar for builds after 06-28-2006

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
couldabeen

BonEcho Tabs display in tab bar for builds after 06-28-2006

Post by couldabeen »

The tabs width shrinks as it do on the June 30 build of BonEcho, but they stop displaying and fail to get shorter after about 9 or 10.
This makes it look like the new tabs are not being made after the 9 or 10 that do get displayed.

I found these two prefs that were not in the June 28 build, nor are they in the 1.5.0.4 builds.
browser.tabs.maxOpenBeforeWarn set to 15 by default <<< it doesn't 'WARN'
browser.tabs.tabClipWidth set to 140 by default. <<<<<< 10 to 200 has no effect
neither of which seem to have an effect on the tab display after the tab bar is filled.

I tried in safe mode, and with a new, clean profile, with the same results.

Anyone got any ideas as to whether this is going to stay? or what it takes to get it back to what it was?
I have TabBrowser Preferences, but it doesn't have an effect on this 'new phenomenon', or feature or what ever it is suppose to be.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1a3) Gecko/20060702 BonEcho/2.0a3 ID:2006070203
couldabeen

Post by couldabeen »

Thanks, I should have know there were bug reports :oops:
pal-moz

Re: BonEcho Tabs display in tab bar for builds after 06-28-2

Post by pal-moz »

couldabeen wrote:browser.tabs.maxOpenBeforeWarn set to 15 by default <<< it doesn't 'WARN'

WFM.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1a3) Gecko/20060702 BonEcho/2.0a3 ID:2006070203

Tools>Options>Tabs
how about "Warn when opening..." ?
if unchecked, check it ON.

if using Bon Echo, try to follow the [Branch] thread ?
hkazemi

Post by hkazemi »

I've made a consolidated list of several tabs threads in a section on the wiki. Basically its a one-stop-shop for all the tabs threads, including a few bugzilla reports that turned into tab ideas/brainstorming threads.
http://wiki.mozilla.org/Tabbed_Browsing ... tab_design
Goncyn

Post by Goncyn »

I have set browser.tabs.tabClipWidth and browser.tabs.tabMinWidth to 0 (what is the difference between these two prefs?) as suggested in the usenet thread about this change, but I see no change in behavior. Tabs don't get any smaller and they still start scrolling once I have 8 or so open. Is there something I'm missing?

Edit: oh, I see now, bug 342890 is committed on trunk but not on branch yet. That would explain why people are talking about the prefs as if they work, but they don't for me.
pal-moz

Post by pal-moz »

Goncyn

Post by Goncyn »

pal-moz wrote:
Goncyn wrote:(what is the difference between these two prefs?)

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser.tabs.tabClipWidth
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser.tabs.tabMinWidth
Thanks, I actually was not aware of that feature of mozillazine. You learn something new every day.