Phoenix: Fullscreen or Kiosk Mode?

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
Martin Gross

Phoenix: Fullscreen or Kiosk Mode?

Post by Martin Gross »

Hi there,

I start to really enjoy Phoenix. For just a couple of occasions, I would need to have it run in what is called kiosk mode (fullscreen). This feature would be helpful on *both* the linux and the win32 platform, but any platform would already help a great deal.

Searching didn't result in anything on this topic, and 'phoenix --help' didn't offer anything. Does anyone know if or when such a feature will become available?

Thanks for any hint!

Cheers
Martin Gross
GNU/Ben

Post by GNU/Ben »

You should of posted this in the Pheonix General forum, but I will answer your question. Just go to view>fullscreen or press F11.
Martin Gross

F11 is not the solution

Post by Martin Gross »

Hi,

Thanks for your info! However, F11 solves only half my problem. I want to have Phoenix *started* in Kiosk mode, with no user intervention necessary. Netscape, if I remember right, had a switch on command line to achieve this ...

Sorry for not being clear on my point ...

Cheers
Martin
Stefan

Re: F11 is not the solution

Post by Stefan »

Martin Gross wrote:Hi,
Thanks for your info! However, F11 solves only half my problem. I want to have Phoenix *started* in Kiosk mode, with no user intervention necessary. Netscape, if I remember right, had a switch on command line to achieve this ...

Sorry for not being clear on my point ...

Cheers
Martin

Read a tutorial about XUL and just make your own Kioskmode that looks exactly like you want it.
shimage

Post by shimage »

since telling someone to go do it himself is usually not terribly useful...

have you checked out the <a href="http://kiosk.mozdev.org">mozilla kiosk extension</a>? i don't know how it is (not sure it works at all), but it seems like something to look at, anyway (if only to help code one yourself...)