Incoming mail notification and smiley faces

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
John R

Incoming mail notification and smiley faces

Post by John R »

Before switching to Thunderbird, I used Mozilla suite e-mail coupled with the Mozilla browser. With that combination there was an e-mail icon that showed on the browser with a green arrow indicating that I had new mail. Also I could insert smiley faces into the text of my e-mails.
Now I am using Thunderbird e-mail with the Firefox browser. How can I get the Thunderbird e-mail icon to show on the Firefox browser and show an indication of when I have new mail? Currently I have to go to "tools" and click on "read mail" to get my mail. Also, how can I get smiley faces to insert into my Thunderbird e-mails?
Thank you.
John
Adrian Bell

Post by Adrian Bell »

Thunderbird and Firefox aren't linked like the Mozilla suite, they're separate programs. There may be some sort of extension to do this, maybe someone else can help you. If you want them linked though you may be better off with Seamonkey.

As far as inserting smileys, you should have a button on the formatting toolbar. It is on the far right so you may have to make your compose window bigger. Or you may have Thunderbird set to compose in "Plain Text" (Tools > Options > Composition > Send Options).

Post by Guest »

Excellent! Thank you very much, Adrian.
John