Tab keyboard navigation?

Discussion of features in Mozilla Firefox
alech

Tab keyboard navigation?

Post by alech »

Hey,

really like Phoenix now that I convinced it to do java as well. One more feature I would like to
see (or maybe it is there already and I just don't know how to use it?):
Navigating from tab to tab using the keyboard would be really nice, e.g. using Ctrl--> to move
to the next tab or so. Since the "invention" of type ahead links (which are really great, btw)
I use the keyboard much more often to navigate. Moving from tab to tab would be the next
logical step, i.e. when opening links in new tabs.

Greetings,
Alex
laszlo

Post by laszlo »

Use (Shift-)Ctrl-Tab to cycle, Ctrl-1 to Ctrl-9 for direct access. Go to David Tenser's Phoenix Help keyboard shortcuts page for more info on shortcuts.
worth

Post by worth »

Is there a way to change the keyboard shortcuts? I would like to use Ctrl-Tab to switch through tabs instead.
Stefan

Post by Stefan »

worth wrote:Is there a way to change the keyboard shortcuts? I would like to use Ctrl-Tab to switch through tabs instead.

Yes, you can go into the code and change the shortcuts yourself. It's an open source project :)
laszlo

Post by laszlo »

worth wrote:Is there a way to change the keyboard shortcuts? I would like to use Ctrl-Tab to switch through tabs instead.

What do you mean when you say "switch through tabs"? From my understanding Mozilla/Phoenix already do this.
../frank

Ctrl+Tab, Shift+Ctrl+Tab

Post by ../frank »

In my experience, Phoenix tabs behave like all "standard" tabbed windows should. Ctrl+Tab cycles forward, Shift+Ctrl+Tab cycles back.
../frank
My avatar cat, Mr. Gary Gray, passed away on 17 Oct 2013. RIP Gary! :cry: