GrayModern for Firefox

Discuss application theming and theme development.
StarIE

Post by StarIE »

Hi,

I've just installed version 0.7 in Firefox 1.5 after using the previous versions very happily in Firefox 1.0x in the past. I noticed that the very top of the screen doesn't look quite "right" compared to how it used to - there seems to be an extra space above the menu bar that wasn't there before, and the way the bookmark icons appear is also slightly different. I'm using Forecastfox in the menu bar which could possibly explain this, but I had exactly the same layout in previous versions with no problems at all.

Screenshot here:

It's a small thing I know, but any ideas?

Thanks!
Strephon Alkhalikoi

Post by Strephon Alkhalikoi »

I'm happy to see my original theme of choice return. For a while now I have been using Phoenity Modern because I like the "Netscape" look and unfortunately both this theme and Firefox Modern weren't updated to 1.5. Well, Firefox Modern still isn't updated to 1.5, and Phoenity Modern, while nice looking, is annoying me because for some reason it wants to override the custom throbber settings I have.

So back to GrayModern I go. My only caveat: the buttons are spaced a bit too far apart. For the Fore and Back buttons, it's understandable, as room is needed for the arrow for recently visited sites. But for the other three buttons in the "default" setup, it looks odd.

Yet, despite that, I am happy as can be.
There is a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.
firebrush2

Post by firebrush2 »

StarIE wrote:Hi,

I've just installed version 0.7 in Firefox 1.5 after using the previous versions very happily in Firefox 1.0x in the past. I noticed that the very top of the screen doesn't look quite "right" compared to how it used to - there seems to be an extra space above the menu bar that wasn't there before, and the way the bookmark icons appear is also slightly different. I'm using Forecastfox in the menu bar which could possibly explain this, but I had exactly the same layout in previous versions with no problems at all.

Screenshot here:

It's a small thing I know, but any ideas?

Thanks!

Same here.
Extentions list:
Dom Inspector 1.8
Talkback 1.5
Adblock Filterset.G Updater 0.2.6
Adblock Plus 0.5.11.1
Chatzilla 0.9.69.1
GreaseMonkey 0.6.4

Also the options window seems to cut out some of the text on some panes.
solynar

Post by solynar »

Image Link

In the image link above the google toolbar doesnt display right. I used the default skin and in the wide gaps theres an arrow for a drop down menu however there isnt one on yours.

Edit: I just noticed the arrows but theres still a wide gap for some reason
ggiunta

Post by ggiunta »

BUG with console2 plugin:

Using version 0.3.4 with the GrayModern theme, there is no visual clue at all as to which buttons (js/css/chrome/etc..) are on and which are off.
Is it possible to fix this, e.g. by editing some css?

The Console2 coder responded (http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=318102&postdays=0&postorder=asc&postsperpage=15&start=270)
It's surely possible - but you'll better check with GrayModern's author. If you know some CSS and want to try fixing it yourself, just make sure that generally toolbarbutton[type="checkbox"] looks differently for [checked="true"]

Is it possible to get this fixed in GrayModern?

Thanks!
Bernie

Post by Bernie »

ggiunta wrote:BUG with console2 plugin:

Using version 0.3.4 with the GrayModern theme, there is no visual clue at all as to which buttons (js/css/chrome/etc..) are on and which are off.
Is it possible to fix this, e.g. by editing some css?

The Console2 coder responded (http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=318102&postdays=0&postorder=asc&postsperpage=15&start=270)

Is it possible to get this fixed in GrayModern?

I'll try to address this in the next release of the theme.
Bernie Zimmermann
http://www.bernzilla.com
ZonkSJx

Next Release?

Post by ZonkSJx »

So, do you have anctual date on the next release?
phloo

Post by phloo »

Bernie, a big thanks for that great theme! I can't browse without it ;)

What about an equivalent for Thunderbird?
Centurions

Post by Centurions »

Yeah Thunderbird please...
ZipperSeven

Post by ZipperSeven »

Any plans on making a FF 2.0 compatible theme?