Download Manager Tweak that works

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
BlueFyre

Download Manager Tweak that works

Post by BlueFyre »

I am calling forward a resurrection of the Download Manager Tweak... It has been rendered useless in the latest batch of builds (I am using Minefield, Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20060721 Minefield/3.0a1 (BlueFyre))

Would it be possible for someone to fix it up, it just looks so much nicer then the current download manager... I say we should just put forward a request to have the current one changed.
If you notice this notice you may notice that this notice is not worth noticing.
BlueFyre

Post by BlueFyre »

Am I the only one that uses this extension?
If you notice this notice you may notice that this notice is not worth noticing.
Schrade

Post by Schrade »

No, I use it too. The default manager is quite lacking :-/ Would hate to lose this extension.
"Linux is for those who hate Windows, BSD is for those who love Unix." -Some Guy
Try my themes: QuBranch and QuTrunk
Fix Firefox's Resized image scrolling speed: <b>Bug 163975</b>
BlueFyre

Post by BlueFyre »

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix it for 3.0a1?
couldabeen

Post by couldabeen »

Try this one. I just changed the maxVersion to a much higher number.
http://www.interl.net/%7Ewillelit/xpi/
It works in Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1b1) Gecko/20060723 BonEcho/2.0b1 ID:2006072304

If it requires more, I can't help you, you will need to contact the author.
BlueFyre

Post by BlueFyre »

couldabeen wrote:Try this one. I just changed the maxVersion to a much higher number.
http://www.interl.net/%7Ewillelit/xpi/
It works in Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1b1) Gecko/20060723 BonEcho/2.0b1 ID:2006072304

If it requires more, I can't help you, you will need to contact the author.
Oh well... It installs fine for me because I'm using the Nightly Tester Tool (Using Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20060725 Minefield/3.0a1 (BlueFyre)) But the problem still remains that the functionality of the extension is non-existent. I guess I'll PM the author.
BlueFyre

Post by BlueFyre »

*bump* Well I PM'd the author without any success... is anyone willing to resurrect this project? I mean there must be some coders out there who are capable.
Twice

Re: Download Manager Tweak that works

Post by Twice »

I use download statusbar and it rocks

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/26/
Cato62

Re: Download Manager Tweak that works

Post by Cato62 »

Twice wrote:I use download statusbar and it rocks

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/26/

I'll second that!
"It is difficult to fight against anger, for a man will buy revenge with his soul." ~ Heraclites, 500 B.C.

The Blood Series: BloodFire, BloodFire 3, BloodThunder, BloodSun, & BloodSong
BlueFyre

Post by BlueFyre »

It looks interesting but I prefer to have a download manager window honestly... Although this extension does give the functionality of using a sidebar or even a new tab

The main problem is that I can seem to pause, resume, stop, or cancel my downloads with the extension... (Not with the latest Firefox)
BlueFyre

Post by BlueFyre »

Guess no one is capable of fixing this or something?
Lanik

Post by Lanik »

I use it quite a bit too would suck to loose this great extension. Could someone take over the development, pretty please? ;)
CatThief

Post by CatThief »

Lanik wrote:I use it quite a bit too would suck to loose this great extension. Could someone take over the development, pretty please? ;)

I, too, would like to see this work by the time Fx 2.0 is final. It breaks the Options panel in the nightlies now without tweaking a few things, and I imagine that will be the case in 2.0 beta 2. :(
Still passionate for Mozilla themes and extensions, just not actively developing them for public release anymore.
BlueFyre

Post by BlueFyre »

Well I suppose we're all waiting, maybe if we get enough user input on the matter someone will be our hero and resurrect the project :)
Schrade

Post by Schrade »

chob has graciously tried his hand at making it work with branch builds. His version works just fine for me!

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 04#2407604
"Linux is for those who hate Windows, BSD is for those who love Unix." -Some Guy
Try my themes: QuBranch and QuTrunk
Fix Firefox's Resized image scrolling speed: <b>Bug 163975</b>