Enabled Java and cookies- but websites say I haven't

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
hudor

Enabled Java and cookies- but websites say I haven't

Post by hudor »

Well, I have "Enable Java" checked under "Preferences- Advanced" and "Allow all cookies" and "Accept cookies normally" checked under "Privacy and Security." However, I keep being told by websites that I need to enable javascript and cookies. I think I've done that. Any ideas about what might be going on?

Post by Guest »

(I'm not shouting at you, simply copying another post)

JAVA IS NOT JAVASCRIPT

"Java is Not JavaScript
JavaScript is Not Java"
http://www.dannyg.com/ref/javavsjavascript.html

"JavaScript is Not Java"
http://www.ericgiguere.com/articles/jav ... -java.html

You want to enable JavaScript (& probably more so then Java).
Edit | Preferences | Advanced | -> Scripts & Plug-ins --> Enable JavaScript for

Post by Guest »

(Oops, that was me, therube, who was not, & is not logged in)
hudor

Post by hudor »

Thanks!
hudor

Post by hudor »

Double checked. Javascript is already enabled. Sorry I wasn't clear about that. Javascript and cookies are both enabled, but the websites keep telling me otherwise.

Post by Guest »

(therube)

Then how about posting the sites where this occurs for you?
Are you using the NoScript extension?
hudor

Post by hudor »

No extensions. I made this discovery while trying to transfer bookmarks to a new profile.

Two such sites are http://my.netscape.com and http://my.myway.com

Post by Guest »

(therube)

I do use NoScript (which is a JavaScript blocker, in general terms).
On my intial attempts to load each site, I received the "you need JavaScript" message.

Enabling each site, through NoScript, to allow JavaScript, caused subsequent loads of the pages to load correctly.

So it would appear, that even though you have JavaScript enabled, something is still blocking it?

Code: Select all

The browser you're using is not allowing you to sign in to My Way.

Right now, your browser's settings are configured to disable cookies and/or javascript. In order to access your account, you must change your browser's settings to accept both cookies AND javascript.

(netscape)
Invalid Browser Configuration

You have tried to access a feature which is not available for your current browser configuration. To use this feature, you must have:

* JavaScript enabled in your Preferences

How about creating a new, clean Profile, as a test, & see if that works correctly.
hudor

Post by hudor »

Anonymous wrote:(therube)

I do use NoScript (which is a JavaScript blocker, in general terms).
On my intial attempts to load each site, I received the "you need JavaScript" message.

Enabling each site, through NoScript, to allow JavaScript, caused subsequent loads of the pages to load correctly.

So it would appear, that even though you have JavaScript enabled, something is still blocking it?

The browser you're using is not allowing you to sign in to My Way.

Right now, your browser's settings are configured to disable cookies and/or javascript. In order to access your account, you must change your browser's settings to accept both cookies AND javascript.

(netscape)
Invalid Browser Configuration

You have tried to access a feature which is not available for your current browser configuration. To use this feature, you must have:

* JavaScript enabled in your Preferences

How about creating a new, clean Profile, as a test, & see if that works correctly.
This *was* a new, clean profile!

Yep. Those are the very messages I got.

I'll try again! Thanks!
hudor

Post by hudor »

Tried another new profile... with exactly the same result.

The only thing I can figure is that at some point- maybe back in the Mozilla days- I'd downloaded No Script globally. Where would I check to see what extensions I have? I've been using Firefox so long I've forgotten.
therube

Post by therube »

In your %Profile%/chrome directory, you would find noscript.jar.
In your Mozilla/SeaMonkey installation directory, you would find components\noscriptService.js & defaults\pref\noscript.js.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript