FireFox Having a Runtime Error?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Lady Ambrosia

FireFox Having a Runtime Error?

Post by Lady Ambrosia »

Okay this started before the update, but it wasn't often. I'm using WinME for my OS. Now I can't do anything with FireFox because this is the message that I keep getting:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\Firefox.exe

This program has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

{then the OKAY button}

Once you click the okay button Firefox will close and that's it. What's going on? and how do I fix it?

Thanks in Advance!
shaun(Skylinerev)

Post by shaun(Skylinerev) »

Note: Not a guest can't be bothered logging in..

Firstly, it's not mozilla's problem, its your own. You might have too many programs running at once, or the installation was corrupted. Or the most obvious way, your runtime is very low. Check microsoft.com and look for Visual C++
This happened with my internet Explorer, thats really how i discovered mozilla
shaun(Skylinerev)

Firstly, it's not mozilla's problem, its your own. You might have too many programs running at once, or the installation was corrupted. Or the most obvious way, your runtime is very low. Check microsoft.com and look for Visual C++
shaun(Skylinerev)

Post by Guest »

Wow, tripple post! Ooer, i didn't even do anything!
Lady Ambrosia

Post by Lady Ambrosia »

okay shut down all programs, then tried to run firefox...still same message

and I've updated the DirectX which is what it said for me to do at microsoft.com and I'm still getting the same message on firefox.

Explorer works fine...but firefox keeps giving me the same message. Is there another route? Because I can't uninstall Firefox, it won't let me.

Post by Guest »

Having the same problem with Firefox. Worked fine earlier today then all of a sudden, Yahoo's default page changed to the new theme and I am CTD with the same error messages. I couldn't uninstall FF either. Tried reinstalling it after deleting it without any luck. However, I can use FF to log on to a different home page and surf, but when I try to access Yahoo, it crashes again.

Post by Guest »

Same problem/error for me when going to Yahoo home page. Yet all the other pages I've tried work. Trying to find a solution...
alteredcarbon167

Re: FireFox Having a Runtime Error?

Post by alteredcarbon167 »

Lady Ambrosia wrote:Okay this started before the update, but it wasn't often. I'm using WinME for my OS. Now I can't do anything with FireFox because this is the message that I keep getting:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\Firefox.exe

This program has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

{then the OKAY button}

Once you click the okay button Firefox will close and that's it. What's going on? and how do I fix it?

Thanks in Advance!

Shot in the dark here, but when was the last time you updated your <A HREF="http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp">Java Virtual Machine</A> ? Try installing the latest version.
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

Uncertain

Post by Uncertain »

Same problem but only on Yahoo home page (only page I found causes it). If I stop the page load before it finishes, the problem does not occur. I THINK it is related to the embedded video (not sure the video type), haven't checked other pages with video either. I'm running Win98 (and I don't see how the JVM is related). I'm also seeing altered system responsiveness and my clock isn't working and other things are having problems. But I can't claim those relate to firefox. I think I'll try going back a version and see what happens.
Lady Ambrosia

Post by Lady Ambrosia »

Okay the problem that I was having, has actually stopped, once I stopped the complete download of the new Yahoo site. Whatever is on the yahoo site, is causing the runtime error. So, I stopped the page from loading, then changed my homepage on Firefox and now it works wonderfully!

I'm stating this because so many have been having the same problem, and this is what to do to fix it. Thank you to all who have helped me!
blue willow

C++ runtime error possibility

Post by blue willow »

I was getting this error in FF and IE. Since I know my daughter recently installed Yahoo messenger, (version 8 released end of July) I uninstalled it. No more errors in either browser. Just a thought.
Guest (Lady Ambrosia)

Post by Guest (Lady Ambrosia) »

I never downloaded yahoo messenger 8. But I think that yahoo's new page has some script that's messing up FF and IE, I've also noticed that anytime I get onto yahoo's home page, that my anti-virus will go completely nuts and says that there are trojan viruses coming from yahoo's home page.

So, becareful and have your anti-virus up to date when using yahoo's home page ;)
Adoool

GOOGLE Vs YAHOO

Post by Adoool »

This is the problem guys, FireFox made a contract and became part of google corporation, and ofcourse the biggest competitor to google is Yahoo, and that is why this is the only homepage in the whole web that cause this error, I think if this continued to happen I will go back to internet explorer, I do not like anybody to force me to go wherever they want me to go
FIREFOX NEEDS TO FIND A DAMN SOLUTION