[Ext] Stylish 0.3.2

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Old Makondo

Post by Old Makondo »

np wrote:I'll see if I can figure out that 2.0 beta thing... But seeing as I don't run 2.0 beta anywhere it might be a little hard. Any additional info would be most helpful...

Let's see: i go to userstyles.org, find a style i'd like to try and click on 'Install'. Manager hangs for a while, then i click Preview, like it/Save. All's well. I then go hunting for something else, find it, click 'Install' - Manager shows up, hangs with a blank window (just top loads, no my installed styles shown), Fx 'not responding', have to kill and start over. Every time.
XerBlade

Post by XerBlade »

Followed those exact steps, still no problems.
Stylish 0.3.9.20060721
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1b1) Gecko/20060725 BonEcho/2.0b1
Build ID: 2006072504
User Agent
Extensions
AMD64/2.41GHz RAM/1.0GB ATI/256MB-GDDR3/128-bit/8xAGP Cable6.0M/384kbps
Old Makondo

Post by Old Makondo »

Where did you get 721 version?
XerBlade

Post by XerBlade »

Sorry, I typed the wrong number. -_-
Ever have that thing happen where you're looking at and thinking about one thing but say/write it different anyway?

[goes to request related function from MTLI ^_^]
User Agent
Extensions
AMD64/2.41GHz RAM/1.0GB ATI/256MB-GDDR3/128-bit/8xAGP Cable6.0M/384kbps
Peng

Post by Peng »

Whoo! I installed 0.3.9.20060714 in a new profile (Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.0.4) Gecko/20060508 Firefox/1.5.0.4 ID:2006050817), installed a few styles from userstyles.org, and when I went to open up Manage Styles, it popped up the dialog about getting the meta data or whatever it is. But then it popped up another. And another. And another. After 10 or 15 in maybe 30 seconds, X froze and I had to kill it a few minutes later.

Awesome.

np, is there any way to get the latest development build other than poking through this thread and downloading the XPI to see if it's new? :\ Not that I'm going to touch one.
Hug Peng
(aka Matt Nordhoff)
Check out: Adblock Plus | FoxClocks | OpenBook
Chad-)

Post by Chad-) »

Is there a way I can make a toolbar vertical?
gammaburst

Post by gammaburst »

Chad-) wrote:Is there a way I can make a toolbar vertical?

You can use the extension Toolbar Control which You'll find on this page:
http://webdesigns.ms11.net/chromeditp.html

Go to extension manager, customize Your toolbar as top, bottom, left, right.
Chad-)

Post by Chad-) »

Is there no way I can do this with some plain css? That's the reason why I posted this here in the Stylish thread.
LLane

Post by LLane »

Stylish is an excellent extension, and works with GM to really customize my browsing experience. So many thanks to the creator for it.

I use the check marking visited links style and it's very helpful, but I was hoping to exclude my personal livejournal from the sites affected by the style (so basically *all sites*) because my journal is designed and the check marks *everywhere* (because I obviously click around my journal a lot) mess up the look. I searched this thread and a suggestion was made to create another style applicable only to the site I want to exclude (my journal), that would negate the effect of the check marking style. I get the concept, but I am kind of at a loss as to where to begin coding. Any chance someone can help me out?

Many thanks!
KidReefer

Post by KidReefer »

Sure, While on your journal click the stylish icon and chose to create a style 'for this url' after that its just a matter of zeroing in on
the things you want to change(or not to change). Fimilar with the DOMi?
LLane

Post by LLane »

Fimilar with the DOMi?

Unfortunately not. :$ All I want to do is to negate the addition of the checkmark to visited links on my journal. Just not sure how to tweak that Check Mark style code to make it *not* add the check.
KidReefer

Post by KidReefer »

Ok, Well you can do that but it might be a tad easier if you just wrote a seperate script for this.Try this:

Code: Select all

@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);
@namespace url(http://YOUR JOURNAL.com)

a:visited:after {
display: none !important;
}
Just change above to your journal address
Should work :)
LLane

Post by LLane »

There was an error with that precise script, but it worked when I changed it to:

Code: Select all

@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);

@-moz-document domain("http://myjournal.com/") {
a:visited:after {
display: none !important;
}

}

Thank you very much for your help!
KidReefer

Post by KidReefer »

NP, anytime :) Glad I could help
Chad-)

Post by Chad-) »

I'd like to hide the 'page icon' from bookmarklets that are on the bookmarks toolbar to save space. Besides they'd look more like buttons with text labels. Can anyone help me with this? TIA
And the question I asked earlier is still unanswered: Can I use css to make a toolbar vertical?