cant get the javascript on this site working...

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
BadMeetsEvil

cant get the javascript on this site working...

Post by BadMeetsEvil »

hi,

i've got a problem with this site here http://www.4players.de/rendersite.php?s ... T_PARENT=2

everything is shown correctly, but when i try to cklick on a game title a small menu should appear, like when u klick with the right mouse button. with IE it worked but now nothing at all apperars.

other java application work fine but this one doesn't
could u please help me?

thanks in advance
BadMeetsEvil

Post by BadMeetsEvil »

*bump*

could please somebody help me?

Post by Guest »

Does any of you know how to create a drop-down list that allows the user to search the drop-down list using two characters, that is, the user will click on two characters of the keyboard which will be the first two characters of the word they are searching for in the list, which will be match to the first two characters of the the first word that has those two characters first.
For instance, we are use to searching in a drop-down list using one character which matches to the first letter of the word first word in the list in alphabetic order.
Now, what I am looking for is to search with two characters; which will match with the first two letters of the words in the list in alphabetic order.

example:
if (mystring.substring(0,2)==searchstring){
alert(DoThis);
}

They tell me that Firefox and Netscape 7.1+ have this feature built in.
Other browsers can only search on the first letter of each option's text.

My users will be using Internet Explorer, how can I create this feature?

Any hints or ideas how to do this with JavaScript or Java?

NOTE: I am not using Firefox, I am using Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0.2...
I need this functionality working in IE, because none of the users will be using Firefox.

My users will be using Internet Explorer, how can I create this feature in IE?

If you have any information or suggestions regarding this topic, please post a reply here and copy me your reply by sending me an email gcastill@danriver.com

----------------------
Best Regards,
Gibran E. Castillo