new optimoz mouse gestures seem to work (mostly) with TB .3!

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
buckminster

new optimoz mouse gestures seem to work (mostly) with TB .3!

Post by buckminster »

On a whim, I installed the latest nightly of Optimoz Mouse Gestures on TB .3 and a lot of the functionality appears to work within the message pane. The only thing that I've tried that doesn't work consistently is rocker gestures (sometimes the context menu comes up) and Open Links in new Window/Tabs don't work, but that seems like functionality assuming you're using the Mozilla suite.

I know that this probably isn't supported officially, but it's cool to see that it's working for the most part and am looking forward to more functionality in the future!

Thanks optimoz team!
jensb

Re: new optimoz mouse gestures seem to work (mostly) with TB

Post by jensb »

buckminster wrote:On a whim, I installed the latest nightly of Optimoz Mouse Gestures on TB .3 and a lot of the functionality appears to work within the message pane.
Altough I'm the main developer behind MozGest, I must say I'm totally surprised by these news. Pretty cool that it works out of the box although I did not (yet) intend this or even worked in that direction :-)

Personally, I don't use Thunderbird, and as my still-to-do-for-0.4 list is already long enough, I'll concentrate on basic MozGest architecture and browser support. However, if any extension developer would like to help out (and become our "Mail guy", so to say), I'd be glad to welcome him in the team.

... and speaking of the team: we desperately need more developers (in general), as I'm currently the only one working on MozGest...
Mouse Gestures - control your browser the elegant way
MessageFaces - embed pictures in mail header
andyed

Ok, we'll look into this

Post by andyed »

Jens is the mozgest man these days, but I am a Thunderbird user and am installing right mozgest there now. We'll see if we can't polish up the rough edges.

As optimoz founder, I second Jens' call for help. Gestures have a huge user base and a very mature codebase, but the project is in need of some additional dev time that I just can't provide. Jens has done amazing work with RDF in the customization interface, but we need to do a better job of communicating how to use it. A long range goal is to make sharing easy.

In any event, feel free to file bugs at optimoz.mozdev on t-bird support. I'm guessing the first one is a load URL fork so that an associated browser can be spawned.