[Ext] Drag de Go 0.2.5

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Old Makondo

Post by Old Makondo »

yukichi,
thanks for the extension!
I have set dragging down to copy a selection to the searchbar. It works but it doesn't paste the selection there, so the searchbar stays blank (focused though). Is it intentional? 'cause i'd expect the selection to show up in the searchbar if i drop it down.

GarethJS,
you may want to try Web Search Pro ext. it does what you want: has zones which you can assign engines to and you can then drag and drop into a cell with an engine you'd like to use. Very nice extension and great support!
Bo102010

Post by Bo102010 »

I should say this is a great extension. I'd been modifying Super Drag and Go myself to fix it every time it broke (and I couldn't figure out the new search service, so I just hardcoded Google into it), but this is a huge improvement.

I have one feature request: The ability to select one action for all directions for a "gesture" at once. I wanted all the directions for my dragged text to open a search in a new tab, and had to set each one individually. It's no big deal, I only have to set everything up once and then export my settings, but it would make it more usable for people who don't much like the different actions for different directions.
yukichi

Post by yukichi »

Hi, makondo

Trouble might be found though I intend to paste the selection to the search bar.
However, I cannot confirm the case you said at present.
Isn't there possibility of conflicting with other extension ?

Hi, Bo102010

Thanks for the request.
Though it might take time for a moment, I`ll add the ability to select one action for all directions.

I release a new dev version 0.2.3.2 (en-US and ja locale).
It is added excuting gesture Time-out Control.
Any action reporting you can provide me will be of great help.

A current gesture is canceled when clicking in the time-out.
mdew

Post by mdew »

It would be nice if it supported <A href="https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/240/">Context Search</a> to..
Old Makondo

Post by Old Makondo »

yukichi,
the only ext. i have that has to do with dragging/search is Web Search Pro (link in my post above). When WSP is disabled, text does paste in the search bar. So the conflict with between this two exts. It doesn't bug me enough to worry about since i now know what the problem is.
Thanks for your time!
IdoMcFly

Oh man thank you !

Post by IdoMcFly »

Oh my God !!
Thank you so much for a Super Drag and Go replacement !!
GrailKnight

Post by GrailKnight »

@ yukichi

Is it possible to include an option to disable the statusbar drag de go progress bar?

Thanks

Edit* Corrected spelling of progress
Last edited by GrailKnight on August 13th, 2006, 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact". - Sherlock Holmes
yukichi

Post by yukichi »

Yes, it is.

I will add the option!
Thanks.
GrailKnight

Post by GrailKnight »

yukichi wrote:Yes, it is.

I will add the option!
Thanks.

Excellent.

Thank you.
"There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact". - Sherlock Holmes
kolpam

Post by kolpam »

Excellent extension. One of the few Maxthon features I was missing in FF.

Some requests:

GENERAL:
send dragged text/image/link as parameter to (user specified) command line action

TEXT:
drag selected text > save text as...
drag selected text > save text in specified folder according to specified format (datestamp or page title or ...)
drag selected text > append text to specified file (with or without initial line feed)
kolpam

Post by kolpam »

Also, a possible bug:

the plugin seems to treat all text strings with dots between words as (text)links.
For example, Entourage.S03E11.HDTV.XviD-LOL is treated as a link

The issue could be solved by allowing users to tweak the rules for when a textstring is to be considered as a link (I'd settle with starts with "http*" or "www").
Also, allow a modifying key (CTRL for example) to always treat a dragged text string as text

Again, great plugin!

edit:

One more request: allow use of mousewheel up/down while dragging something to modify the action. For example, when dragging text with option search... let mousewheel cycle through the available search engines (or perhaps a few user choosen ones)
yukichi

Post by yukichi »

Oh~ many request!!

I`ll do the best I can.
But I do not intend to add a function to send parameter to the command line because it comes to be able to execute a dangerous code easily.
kolpam

Post by kolpam »

> I`ll do the best I can.

Great!

> But I do not intend to add a function to send parameter to the command line because it comes to be
> able to execute a dangerous code easily.

I see your point. Using such a feature carelessly could bring problems. But still, it would be VERY useful since it'd allow linking together Drag De Go with lots of other scripts and apps. Maybe you could add it but force users to read a warning page before it can be enabled? And/or force the tooltip display for such actions. And/or force a YES/NO dialog before passing something on to the command line? (The last suggestion would be really annoying with frequent use though. Still it would be better than no command line support)

Thanks for listening to my feedback.
glemnim

Post by glemnim »

First of all, I would say this extension is just so great, it's quite an improvement to super drag&go.

But I found it takes too long to open a new tab by draging a link on the webpage, at least it takes much more time than super drag&go, I wonder if the code should be optimized, or if there's some bugs?

I wish this could be fixed, then dragdego would be perfect.
yukichi

Post by yukichi »

Hi glemnim,

You can open a new tab more quickly by setting Time-out Period more shorter.
(General > Time-out Control)