"tools>options>download>display and modify act

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
alexikiki

"tools>options>download>display and modify act

Post by alexikiki »

Hi,
I have a problem, that when I download any type of file, a specific action is lauched (ex : winamp for mp3).
The problem is that I no longer can edit tha action because the tab "tools>options>download>display and modify actions" is empty !!!

How should I resolve this ?
Thank you for your help
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

See if this works:
1. type about:plugins in the URL bar and hit Enter
2. then go to Tools > Options > Downloads -> View and Edit Actions

Sometimes Firefox needs a "kick" to display 'Actions', although I haven't seen this problem for 6 or 7 months (since Firefox 1.5 was released).

Ed
A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
alexikiki

Post by alexikiki »

no luck like this, but thanks anyway

It work after deleting localstore.rdf and mimetypes.rdf and reopening firefox as explained in another post
bluejay

Post by bluejay »

I am having the same problem - empty box in View & Edit Actions. I tried deleting localstore and mimetypes in profile but no success. Any suggestions. Also tried reinstalling with no luck.
bluejay
Diorser

Post by Diorser »

Same problem after changing a download action (=> empty DL action window)
Bug identified #345628

100% reproducable.

I do not have browser.download.pluginOverrideTypes and
plugin.disable_full_page_plugin_for_types options available, then should not be the problem.

Post by Mickypoo »

Anything more respoved on thi? I would like to fix it as I have the same problem :(

Diorser wrote:Same problem after changing a download action (=> empty DL action window)
Bug identified #345628

100% reproducable.

plugin.disable_full_page_plugin_for_types options available, then should not be the problem.

Post by Mickypoo »

Anything more resolved on this? I am searching for a fix, as I have the same problem :(

Diorser wrote:Same problem after changing a download action (=> empty DL action window)
Bug identified #345628

100% reproducable.