How can I transfer mail from IncrediMail into Thunderbird?

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
hedgehog1965uk

How can I transfer mail from IncrediMail into Thunderbird?

Post by hedgehog1965uk »

Can someone please help? I am trying to change my email client from IncrediMail to Thunderbird. I have managed to work out how to transfer my address book by exporting it from InrediMail as a .csv file and then importing that file into Thunderbird, but I cannot work out how to transfer my emails. IncrediMail does not seem to have an option for exporting mail and the import wizzard in Thunderbird only seems to allow you to import mail from Outlook, Outlook Express, Communicator 4.x or Eudora (whatever that is).

Does anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks
Swami

Post by Swami »

hedgehog1965uk

Post by hedgehog1965uk »

Thanks for the link. I have only had a quick read of the article, and have not had the chance to try it out yet, but it looks as though it is just what I needed. Thanks for the quick reply to my query.
Lanc3lot

Post by Lanc3lot »

Hello i have changed incredimail to .eml using the prog u are reffering to here: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Importing_from_Incredimail but, how can i import them to Thunderbird?

The link u have provided is to import them to Outlook, not in thunderbird:(

Ty in advance,
Freee!!

Post by Freee!! »

The trick is that Outlook Express can import those .eml files and Thunderbird can import relatively easy from Outlook Express.

There is also a small -still experimental- program called "Eml to Mbx" available here.