Thunderbird 2 Alpha Now Available!

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
therearenoteams

Post by therearenoteams »

AlexIhrig wrote:Latest builds have a bug in toolbar. Hovering a button doesn't show the buttons "border" - only the darker icon.
I can confirm. Wasn't sure if this was an actual change; but now that Alex reports it, I concur!
old Neil Parks

Post by old Neil Parks »

Glad to see that I can now actually reply to an attached message (.eml).
Old Bozz

Post by Old Bozz »

Neil Parks wrote:Glad to see that I can now actually reply to an attached message (.eml).

I don't get the time to play much anymore with testing, so could you try Edit As New and see if that works as well? Up to 1.5, I could use this function and delete headers in the window, but haven't been able to since.
Last edited by Old Bozz on August 11th, 2006, 3:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jink

Post by jink »

mscott wrote:I can only reproduce this when using the keyboard to select the message below the group title by using the down arrow. File a bug on me and list the bug # here.

Filed bug: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=348387 . First time I have ever filed a bug, so I hope everything was filled out enough to help. =)

mscott wrote:Thanks for the great feedback.

No problem, thanks for the work on this daily used app!
ChrisI

Post by ChrisI »

AlexIhrig wrote:Latest builds have a bug in toolbar. Hovering a button doesn't show the buttons "border" - only the darker icon.
That's bug 347416.
old Neil Parks

Post by old Neil Parks »

I havw been using the Aug 11 nightly build. Today I was auto-updated to the Aug 13. Update installed itself with no problem.
Last edited by old Neil Parks on August 14th, 2006, 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
old Neil Parks

Post by old Neil Parks »

bozz wrote:
Neil Parks wrote:Glad to see that I can now actually reply to an attached message (.eml).

I don't get the time to play much anymore with testing, so could you try Edit As New and see if that works as well? Up to 1.5, I could use this function and delete headers in the window, but haven't been able to since.

Seems to work ok in Aug 13 nightly.
jink

Post by jink »

I have noticed some formatting inconsistencies when using Edit As New. Some parts of the email document cannot be reformatted. It seems to happen after a space, new paragraph, or a bullet. Thunderbird tries to change a font, for example, and the GUI displays the new font, but the email message retains the old font used. Is this happening to anyone else, or is this expected behavior? I didn't find any bugs relating to this problem.

I was having problems with the caret not moving when hitting space, but that has been resolved.

I have also been having a lot of trouble getting thunderbird to auto update. It receives the nightly updates, but when it applies them it fails to update. Firefox has been doing this as well. Are there any lines in the update.log I can look at to diagnose the problem?
Old Bozz

Post by Old Bozz »

Neil Parks wrote:
bozz wrote:

Seems to work ok in Aug 13 nightly.

Thanks Neil.
old Neil Parks

Post by old Neil Parks »

Neil Parks wrote:I like the way the Junk Settings are now integrated into the Account Settings.

But one setting seems to have disappeared: The one that says what to do when I manually mark a msg as Junk.

In 1.5.x, I set it to move to the same junk folder as the ones caught and moved automatically by the filter.

In 2.0a1, when I mark a msg or selected msgs as junk, one of three things will happen, seemingly at random:

1. The msg will move to the correct folder.
2. The msg doesn't move, but selecting Tools/Run Junk Control On Folder moves it.
3. Run Junk Control On Folder doesn't do anything, and the msg stays where it is till I manually move it.
mscott

Post by mscott »

Neil, try Tools / Options / Privacy / Junk

it should have migrated the value for your default account for this to this new global setting. I'm curious what value it is set to for you and if changing it fixes things.
Thunderbirds are Go!
Dux

Post by Dux »

Hello mscott,

I noticed that my unread messages were marked read without opening them or viewing them in the message pane. I can reproduce the issue by doing the following steps:

- messages are sorted by Date, descending
- Grouped By Sort G
- Collapse All Threads
- Open 'Today'
- Click an unread message
- Wait the amount of time as set in Options, Advanced, General
Dux

Win2K, latest nightly
old Neil Parks

Post by old Neil Parks »

mscott wrote:Neil, try Tools / Options / Privacy / Junk

it should have migrated the value for your default account for this to this new global setting. I'm curious what value it is set to for you and if changing it fixes things.

I use Tbird on 2 different computers, with different accounts as default. The setting under Tools/Options/Privacy/Junk was checked on one computer but not the other. Turning it on on the second computer does seem to solve the problem.
old Neil Parks

Post by old Neil Parks »

Neil Parks wrote:I love the new feature that lets me put replies directly into the same folder as the original inbound msg.

Perhaps the same option could be made available for forwarded msgs?
richard_leeds

Post by richard_leeds »

BTJustice wrote:It would be nice if the reply to and forward headers where more like Outlook

Had a feeling of deja-vu when I saw your post ... I agree .... I refer you to this post for an extension to sort it out ... http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 5&start=19

ps - Last time you wanted a reply header that said "Kids hate Outlook Express" now you want one that says "I washed your socks" ... tsk tsk ... try to be consistent, how will the developers catch up if the subject keeps changing ?? :-k