Spammed at email address used on Bugzilla

Closed Forum
zachariah

Spammed at email address used on Bugzilla

Post by zachariah »

I'm wondering why email addresses are so easy for spam-crawlers to harvest from bugzilla.

The bugzilla features page says "Bugzilla adds HTML obfuscation of email addresses to hide emails from bots, crawlers and spiders." but it seems that https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/ doesn't use this feature (or the feature doesn't work that well).

I changed my email address on there, and within a week I was getting spam to the address I used. (I only use the address at bugzilla).

Help MozillaZine: Donate! or Buy Something!
trolly

Post by trolly »

I go for the first. I took a look on a bugzilla entry and there are several mailto entries. I can not see any obfuscation there.
Think for yourself. Otherwise you have to believe what other people tell you.
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.
Constitution says: One man, one vote. Supreme court says: One dollar, one vote.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Where would one request that obfuscation be turned on (or that emails are not visible, and therefore a different way of contacting contributors is created as a new bugzilla feature)?

Help MozillaZine: Donate! or Buy Something!
trolly

Post by trolly »

Don't know. For a first try i would contact one of the people which has assigned bugs. They probably know
Think for yourself. Otherwise you have to believe what other people tell you.
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.
Constitution says: One man, one vote. Supreme court says: One dollar, one vote.