ADDing to clipboard......

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
wknplaya

ADDing to clipboard......

Post by wknplaya »

First i would like to say that "Mozilla Firebird rocks". cheers to the dev team :).
And now that i have payed my respectes...heres the problem, Certain site links sometimes save info [text] to the clipboard for easy pasting i am referring to mirc links from packetnews IE<--that god awful browser does it but sadly MoZy does not :(, am i doing something wrong???? or hasn;t this feature been added? thx in adv.

Wknplaya
-Wknplaya™
xfranky

Post by xfranky »

Do you mean ctrl+c <-> ctrl+v? Right click -> Copy? Build? OS?
..::XF::..
wknplaya

Post by wknplaya »

i mean www.packetnews.com when u click a link it adds info to the clipboard so that when u press ctrl+v it will paste it......this doesn;t work in mozyF for some reason :(.

wknplaya™
-Wknplaya™
wknplaya

Post by wknplaya »

Also www.di.fm when i click oon a music link mozilla/mozilla f does not open the player extension[winamp or windows mediaplayer]."
and why does mozilla have a built in mirc? why can;t it just load the regular mirc install??[filed under pointless feature]. k thx.

[edit][ok squash the winamp bit i found a way around it ...but still this feature would be helpfull for audio links on the net that load a specific player][/edit]
Last edited by wknplaya on October 27th, 2003, 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Wknplaya™
old momokatte

Post by old momokatte »

wknplaya wrote:i mean www.packetnews.com when u click a link it adds info to the clipboard so that when u press ctrl+v it will paste it......this doesn;t work in mozyF for some reason :(.

It's because Mozilla doesn't support the window.clipboardData object or the window.clipboardData.setData() method. Those are proprietary to MS Internet Explorer. There is also a method that works in Mozilla, but it requires a bit more code and a security privileges prompt.
wknplaya

Post by wknplaya »

momokatte wrote:
wknplaya wrote:i mean www.packetnews.com when u click a link it adds info to the clipboard so that when u press ctrl+v it will paste it......this doesn;t work in mozyF for some reason :(.

It's because Mozilla doesn't support the window.clipboardData object or the window.clipboardData.setData() method. Those are proprietary to MS Internet Explorer. There is also a method that works in Mozilla, but it requires a bit more code and a security privileges prompt.

so what is it?? how can i make mozilla do it?
-Wknplaya™
xfranky

Post by xfranky »

I don't really understand what you're trying to do... Basically you should just right click and choose "Copy link location". This will copy the address to the OS's clipboard.
Ragurdaing irc:// links, you should use Mozilla or the Chatzilla extension...
wknplaya

Post by wknplaya »

[quote="XF"]I don't really understand what you're trying to do... Basically you should just right click and choose "Copy link location". This will copy the address to the OS's clipboard.
Ragurdaing irc:// links, you should use Mozilla or the Chatzilla extension..
I don;t want the irc:// link it works fine and opens mirc if u were to use packetnews and mouse over a packet u will notice a mouse over that says /msg yada yada yada this is supposed to be sent to clipboard when u click it. but it is not :(.

[edit] ah squash that as well lol i figured how to get the /msg :).[/edit] link properties :)
-Wknplaya™
wknplaya

Post by wknplaya »

Um now the Back button vanished i have tried different skins reloading defaults and nothing any ideas?
-Wknplaya™
xfranky

Post by xfranky »

Did you try the themes listed in this thread?
Deelight

Post by Deelight »

There is another way to copy to the clipBoard. With the following method you are not dependant on what browser the user has, BUT your user does need the flashplayer 7 plugin or higher.........

Here's how it goes:

In a flashmovie make a button with the following action:

on (release) {
System.setClipboard(_root.copy_var);
}

There are two ways you can populate the "copy_var" variable inside flash:

1) Using swLiveConnect (not supported by all browsers) --> window.document.mymovie.SetVariable("copy_var","whatever");

2) Or by appending you text to the movie parameter via GET (works in all browsers) --> <param name="movie" VALUE="mymovie.swf?copy_var=whatever">

There is a restriction that you can only copy text to the clipBoard though, and no other data formats Smile

Give it a go and let me know if you find this fix usefull.

Post by Guest »

koDiacc PostPosted:

Type "about:config" in the URL-bar

then modify the tag:
signed.applets.codebase_principal_support

from false to true.

now it works