The Official Win32 20060823 [Branch] build is out.

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
ColdFusion650

Post by ColdFusion650 »

chob

Post by chob »

rodness wrote:
ColdFusion650 wrote:the tab strip is really what makes me mad.

I don't know that I've seen the tab strip... as I said, I haven't switched to betas or nightlies yet. Can you post a screenshot so that I might get more enraged?:)

If you want to bash the new theme, then please go and do it in one of the many other new-theme-bashing threads that are already in existence; or start a new one! This thread is for discussion of the daily builds, not for ranting at unfinished designs that you don't happen to like. Thanks.
xpgeek

Post by xpgeek »

Can anyone tell me how to properly remove the all tabs button now ?

Using .tabs-alltabs-button { display: none !important; } removes the button, but still leaves the empty space for it, and I've seen people's recent screenshots of it completely removed so I know it can be done.

The Ex Omega

Post by The Ex Omega »

david5717 wrote:Does anyone know why the Beta 2 release was pushed back another week (to 30 August)?

Most likely to squash some pesky bugs.

On another note, WHY is there a lack of "Empty Cache" button still? Can they get with the program already?
XerBlade

Post by XerBlade »

Personally, I like the new theme, for the most part (us people seem to not be as motivated to speak up, though). I only have two problems with it. One is the tab strip background image. Now, normally it wouldn't be so big a deal (it's not that I think it in itself looks bad), but it looks horrible when used with multi-row tabs. It's still easily fixed with some CSS, though. So, there's only one significant thing I don't like. That's the Back and Forward button hover images being connected to the drop-markers. I happen to be one of the many people who doesn't like the drop-markers and gets rid of them, however, if you get rid of them, the hover images of Back and Forward then look incredibly strange. And you can't fix that with just some standard CSS, short of image replacement. By the way, though it doesn't affect me personally, this also makes things a little odd-looking on hover without the drop-markers hidden while toolbars are in text-only mode.
Come to think of it, I still haven't checked whether there was a bug filed on that one or not yet.... [goes to check]
User Agent
Extensions
AMD64/2.41GHz RAM/1.0GB ATI/256MB-GDDR3/128-bit/8xAGP Cable6.0M/384kbps
polidobj
Location: Maryland USA - im in ur tinderbox, crashtesting ur firefox

Post by polidobj »

teoli2003 wrote:
polidobj wrote:
Canyonero wrote:Some sites, like www.planetgamecube.com, have their RSS feeds detected by the browser, but aren't styled when displayed by FF. Is there some reason for that that I can report to the site, or is it a bug in FF? Sorry for asking, but my knowledge of RSS is pretty rudimentary.
It's sent as text/xml. But perhaps the .cfm extension is causing the problem. The same thing happens on trunk,

Shouldn't the type be application/rss+xml ?

I guess so. Digg has the same problem. It's sent as text/xml and has a xml extension.
Brian J Polidoro - Today's bugs brought to you by Raid. :P
Windows7 - Firefox user since ~Feb 2002
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

IMO, the tabstrip looks like a piece of Scotch MagicTape (frosted tape) holding the window together.

Ed
A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
dbMorris

Post by dbMorris »

Folks -

Downloaded current nightly build (Build ID: 2006082203) and my URL address bar has become invisible and
unusable in the menu bar. Anyone else having this issue? Happens with both my test and brand new profiles.

dbMorris
<a href="http://www.freewebs.com/dbmorris/systemconfig.htm" target="_blank" class="postlink">My System</a> | <a href="http://www.freewebs.com/dbmorris/firefoxconfig.htm" target="_blank" class="postlink">Firefox Extensions & Plugins</a>
Swami

Post by Swami »

Just upgraded to Build ID: 2006082203 and I don't see that problem.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1b2) Gecko/20060822 BonEcho/2.0b2 - Build ID: 2006082203
chob

Post by chob »

dbMorris wrote:Downloaded current nightly build (Build ID: 2006082203) and my URL address bar has become invisible and unusable in the menu bar. Anyone else having this issue? Happens with both my test and brand new profiles.

Are you on Mac dbmorris?
loadbang

Post by loadbang »

dbMorris wrote:Folks -

Downloaded current nightly build (Build ID: 2006082203) and my URL address bar has become invisible and
unusable in the menu bar. Anyone else having this issue? Happens with both my test and brand new profiles.

dbMorris

I keep on getting this on trunk.
dbMorris

Post by dbMorris »

chob wrote:
dbMorris wrote:Downloaded current nightly build (Build ID: 2006082203) and my URL address bar has become invisible and unusable in the menu bar. Anyone else having this issue? Happens with both my test and brand new profiles.

Are you on Mac dbmorris?

No chob, I am on Windows XP, SP2
(sorry about that, the info is in my tag line, but I should have stated it in the msg)

Update... Don't ask me why, but after a relaunch of FF, the
URL address bar has returned. No system changes, just a relaunch ... welcome to my Twilight Zone
Last edited by dbMorris on August 22nd, 2006, 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<a href="http://www.freewebs.com/dbmorris/systemconfig.htm" target="_blank" class="postlink">My System</a> | <a href="http://www.freewebs.com/dbmorris/firefoxconfig.htm" target="_blank" class="postlink">Firefox Extensions & Plugins</a>
polidobj
Location: Maryland USA - im in ur tinderbox, crashtesting ur firefox

Post by polidobj »

It's time for us to go into QA mode:
Many people have filed bugs on issues they have discovered and I would like to ask those people for a little bit of help. ... So far, there have been 3331 bugs fixed on the 1.8 branch from which Firefox 2 and Thunderbird 2 will be released. Unfortunately, only 341 have been verified as fixed so far. ... If you filed one of the bugs on these lists(Regressions,Crashes and Hangs), it would be very helpful if you could download a nightly build of Firefox 2 or Thunderbird 2 and verify that the bug you filed is actually fixed. Please comment in the bug and add me (bclary at bclary dot com) to the cc list.

A little help please
EDIT: Bob suggests using the the My Bugs feature of Bugzilla. But I guess he failed to realize that that query looks for your open bugs. But what you can do is open that query then hit the edit search button below the search results. Then clear the selected items in the status list box. Finally add fixed1.8.1 to the keyword field. Then the query will return your bugs that are fixed in 1.8.1 that need verification.

Or you can make a query from scratch. You just need to put you email address in the Email and Numbering section and search for the reporter. Second you need the afore mentioned fixed1.8.1 keyword. Both status and resolution should have nothing selected.
Brian J Polidoro - Today's bugs brought to you by Raid. :P
Windows7 - Firefox user since ~Feb 2002
pal-moz

Post by pal-moz »

Uncle Spellbinder

Post by Uncle Spellbinder »

ColdFusion650 wrote:click me

OK, I'll bite......

How did you do it? Actually....How can I do it??
My Firefox Add-Ons Collection: Firefox Essentials