worldfirefoxday problems

Closed Forum
lobo

worldfirefoxday problems

Post by lobo »

Greetings.

First of all sorry I've shouldn't posted this here, I believe this is the correct place...

I'm trying to invite my girlfriend to download FF and get our names at the Mozilla's FireFox Friends Wall, as stated at http://www.worldfirefoxday.com

The problem is she never receives the invitation e-mail. I've already tried sending to three different e-mail addresses she have and even tried changing my e-mail address to (again) three others I use and she just don't receive it.

It's not stuck in any spam filters. It wasn't automatic deleted. It's just not there...

I was hoping to put our names in FF's wall. It would be cool, romantic (I've chose the heart symbol between our names), modern, etc etc etc...

Am I the only one experiencing problems with this? Is it a problem at Mozilla? What can I do? What is happening? Is there any alternative solution so I can give my girlfriend this 'gift'?

Please advice.

TIA,
Er Galvão Abbott
Web Developer
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

This is all I could find on the site:
What if my friend never received my invitation email? Can they still download Firefox to get our names in Firefox 2?

Ask your friend to check all of their incoming email folders, as your invitation email may have been filtered. If they still don’t see the email, you can go back to http://www.worldfirefoxday.com, remove yourself, and nominate your friend again. Your friend will need to download Firefox from the link included in the invitation email to participate in Firefox Day.
lobo

Post by lobo »

I know, that's exactly what I did each time I sent the invitation to another of her email addresses. I guarantee: It's not being filtered.

What can I do? Is there an e-mail address directly related to this project which I can use to talk to them?

Man, I'm really down with all of this. I was hoping I could do it... Sorry to whine, but it's really depressive to see such a great thing and not be able to be a part of it.
Er Galvão Abbott
Web Developer
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

I think you should email the webmaster over at Mozilla. This forum is really not connected to Mozilla.

One thought, is she accessing her mail on Webmail with a browser or in an email client program? If the program, has she checked via webmail? Are they maybe going into the spam folder on the server?

Who are her accounts with?
lobo

Post by lobo »

Hi, thanks for the quick reply.

She acessed via webmail, so she is positive it wasn't filtered as spam.

I thought about blaming the ISP too, since sometimes they just mess things up, but I've tried with two of her accounts within this ISP and with her gmail account, so it's hardly their fault.

How can I contact the webmaster? webmaster at mozilla.org?

TIA,
Er Galvão Abbott
Web Developer
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

I've been looking, but I can't seem to find it...
lobo

Post by lobo »

Well, I've found the way to contact them, but unfortunately I'm still waiting for a reply (after 6 days)...

It seems that me and my girlfriend will be left out of worldfirefoxday =(
Er Galvão Abbott
Web Developer
alberto666

Post by alberto666 »

I have the same problem.

I have tried several times with different mails and from different computers, but I only receive the first mail about the mail confirmation.

How can I contact with the responsible of the web?

Thank you very much!!!
alberto666

Post by alberto666 »

Now I'm a registered user.
by alberto666
lobo

Post by lobo »

Exactly, alberto. I only receive the first e-mail too. One of the worst things is I can't re-invite her using the same e-mail address I've used before, because since she never received the invitation in the first place she didn't accepted nor rejected it, causing her e-mail address to be 'pendent'...
Last edited by lobo on September 10th, 2006, 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Er Galvão Abbott
Web Developer
lobo

Post by lobo »

Alberto, and everyone:

Seems that there's a bug on the mail server. After some time talking to people in #firefox @ irc.mozilla.org this came up:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=352090

Let's cross our fingers and hope for the best.

Best regards,
Er Galvão Abbott
Web Developer