horizontal scroll bar missing in Yahoo

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
unicornsurf

horizontal scroll bar missing in Yahoo

Post by unicornsurf »

I have sent numerous messages to Yahoo about a problem with the horizontal scroll bar being missing all of a sudden in the last week or so. Certain emails that I receive regularly are suddenly unreadable because they go off the page (something they did not do before) and with no scroll bar?????? what can I do?

When I tested it in another webmail, the horizontal scroll bar was there which led me to believe it was a Yahoo problem.
Yahoo's response is that it is my browser and that I should switch to Internet Explorer. Yuk. I did go to IE and yes indeed the bottom scroll bar was there. Are they trying to force me to use Internet Explorer? Why isn't it appearing in Firefox?

Is there any fix to this problem? (I have not changed any of my settings)

Thank you.
greenknight

Post by greenknight »

You should have searched the forum, there's a thread about this.

2 workarounds - Go to View -> Page Style -> No Style. It looks awful, but you can read your mail. Or, use Printable View.

If you want to read more about this, that thread I mentioned is here: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... highlight=
Win 10 Pro x64, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G 6 core, 3900 MHz (4450 Turbo), AMD Radeon Vega (integrated graphics). 16GB DDR4-3200, Firefox 124.0.1, Developer Edition 125.0b5, Nightly 126.0a1.