Download

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Pilgrim220

Download

Post by Pilgrim220 »

I have the latest version of Firefox. I have cleared all of the caches; removed the downloads.rdf file as was suggested by Dan Raisch in response to anothe query. When attempting to download, the program responds with this messgage: "Fresh Dowload could not take over the download. Click 'Back' button to return to normal mode. I do not have Fresh Download running on my computer. I have gone into the registry and tried to remove any occurence of "Fresh Download" found there. Anyone help?
trolly

Post by trolly »

Which extensions do you have?
Think for yourself. Otherwise you have to believe what other people tell you.
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.
Constitution says: One man, one vote. Supreme court says: One dollar, one vote.
old FatJohn

Post by old FatJohn »

I think you need to remove the fresh plugin.

Set Firefox to display full plugin paths in about:config and check out the plugin name in about:plugins. Close Firefox. Delete the file. Restart Firefox.
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

npfd.dll is the file that you need to delete from the C:\Program Files\~\firefox\plugins folder.

You can Search your hard drive to find the exact location of that file.

That file gets installed when you install Fresh Download, but it doesn't get removed when you un-install Fresh Download = drove me nuts with one Firefox installation until I figured that out.

Ed
A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
Pilgrim 220

Download

Post by Pilgrim 220 »

ED: Thanks for the solution to this problem. I removed "npfd.dll " and the download succeeded.
matt333

Re: Download

Post by matt333 »

help i have the same problem i deleted npfd.dll and now it says i have missing plugins when i installed fresh download i had free download manager as well i wanted to try it but then i unisalled it did i search for anything else got rid of everything and still i can't download anything
malliz
Folder@Home

Re: Download

Post by malliz »

Your posting on a thread that is 2 years old and about a much older version of Firefox
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"