Anybody know

1000 thankyou's

Grim
Is Ye Alreet
James

Post by James »

Grim

Post by Grim »

Been there. This is not what i meant. On .jpg's (not embedded pics) the icon changes to a magnifying glass & if you left click the pic shrinks to half it's size. I do not need this, i use Image Zoom.

Thanks for the reply anyway James.
Is Ye Alreet
Vectorspace

Post by Vectorspace »

That is what that thread talks about - directly loaded image files that Firefox automatically shrinks if they are larger then the browser window.
"All things being equal, the simplest answer is usually the correct one" - Occam's Razor
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:5.0) Gecko/20110624 Thunderbird/5.0
Grim

Post by Grim »

I had (& always have, even in IE) "browser.enable_automatic_image_resizing" set to false in my older version of FF & never ever seen any magnifying glass, is this a new feature? I use Image Zoom to resize images myself, be it bigger or smaller.
Is Ye Alreet
Vectorspace

Post by Vectorspace »

No - it's always been the pref that controls if Firefox automatically scales images to fit the window. In FF 1.5.x and before, this pref was connected to an option in Tools > Options > Advanced - "Resize large images to fit in the browser window". But that option was removed from the UI in 2.0.
"All things being equal, the simplest answer is usually the correct one" - Occam's Razor
Grim

Post by Grim »

But was that magnifying glass curser there in other versions anyone?
Is Ye Alreet
Vectorspace

Post by Vectorspace »

Yes. Now and always previously (at least as far back as Firebird 0.6.1 - the first version I used) it was the cursor that appeared over directly loaded images.
If the preference is set to false and directly loaded images were always full size and not scaled/scalable, then the hourglass cursor does not/did not appear.

Perhaps you had that option disabled in 1.5 when it was in the Options window - then when you started using 2.0, you created a new profile or in some way started with all default settings and, with that option now removed from the Options window, never re-disabled it?
Grim

Post by Grim »

Well maybe the reason i have never seen it before is because i have ALWAYS had "browser.enable_automatic_image_resizing" set to false & it is still set to false yet i am seeing this curser & it is irritating the hell out of me.
You could try an setting yours to false & see if it still shows or is my brand new profile corrupt in 8/10 hours of using it.

Thanks for being patient with me as i know i am hard work.

Grim
Is Ye Alreet
Vectorspace

Post by Vectorspace »

Ok, it seems to function differently in 2.0 - in 1.5 image resizing is completely disabled and the image is not resizeable. In 2.0 it prevents the image from resizing automatically so it is full size, but it is still manually resizeable so you still have the hourglass cursor. I don't know how you would remove it - if Image Zoom replaces its functionality you should suggest to the author that the next version fully disable Firefox 2.0's internal image resizing function.
Grim

Post by Grim »

"if Image Zoom replaces its functionality you should suggest to the author that the next version fully disable Firefox 2.0's internal image resizing function."

Done

Thanks again Vectorspace
Is Ye Alreet
Grim

Post by Grim »

Decided to give FF 2.0 RC 2 another go.
The images now resize using both keys, WTF are the devs doing, they are ruining FF, bunch of goddam nitwits. Too many changes & not enough fixes. Rename FF to Firefix, they might just do it one day. FFS.

edit:
Never mind, my error. Let FF create a new pref.js so i must of clicked something i should'nt have. Still needed to rant & rave tho. Surprised no-one has come in to defend the devs.
Is Ye Alreet
Old Samson

Post by Old Samson »

Stupid question. Am I blind or did they remove the ability to turn this irritating feature off in the UI for 2.0? I hunted it down in about:config but why remove the option? It's got to be one of the dumbest things to steal from IE I've ever seen.
Vectorspace

Post by Vectorspace »

They removed the UI.
randombypasser

Post by randombypasser »

Well now i'm confused.. Is there or isn't there a way to get rid of the magnifying glass mouse cursor and zooming with mouse?