How to delete ALL of my bookmarks at once

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
acmebrickco

How to delete ALL of my bookmarks at once

Post by acmebrickco »

Hi! been struggling with trying to delete all of my bookmarks and start anew,But can't seem to do it as a batch delete or using the" select all" funtion...Hmmmm.Anyone out there have any ideas???(quite pause while everybody is pondering)I can delete each one individualy but it may take me 3 years to do it by this method.Appreciate any help at all ! Cheers, Scully ](*,)
Six Pack

Post by Six Pack »

Close Firefox, locate your profile folder and delete/rename bookmarks.html.
Ubuntu is Swahili for "I can't install Debian"

Post by Guest »

You can delete your bookmark file to get rid of all your bookmarks. When you restart a fresh new file will be created.

Your bookmark file can be found in the path C:\Documents and Settings\<your>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<profile>

Just be sure you want to delete them all because once you do this, they're gone. I would suggest copying out the file to somewhere else first then delete the file off your system.

KAS
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

Start Firefox in -safe-mode:
Start > All Programs > Mozilla Firefox : Mozilla Firefox (Safe Mode)
"Reset Bookmarks to firefox defaults"
kindofabuzz

Post by kindofabuzz »

Bookmarks > Manage Bookmarks > CTRL A then Delete
Collapse unwanted MozillaZine forum sections ** Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.
trolly

Post by trolly »

The bookmarks are finally gone if they also drop of the five backups in the bookmarkbackups folder.
Think for yourself. Otherwise you have to believe what other people tell you.
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.
Constitution says: One man, one vote. Supreme court says: One dollar, one vote.