open with dialog problem with mozilla 1.6a and firebird0.7

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite

open with dialog problem with mozilla 1.6a and firebird0.7

Post by Guest »

help me!

I am encountering a Open With... dialog problem. When I use open with and click Mozilla, it opens in Mozilla Composer instead of Navigator... When I click browse and choose Firebird, nothing happens and it doesn't get added to the Open With list... But when I select other applications, it gets added to the list...

Does anyone experience this problem too? Any solutions?
Old Persist

Post by Old Persist »

You'll need to give us some more information. What are you trying to open? Is it a local file on your computer or are you clicking a link in a web page? If it's a link in a page, tell us where it is so we can go have a look at it. If it's a file on your hard drive, what type of file is it?

Post by Guest »

Persist wrote:You'll need to give us some more information. What are you trying to open? Is it a local file on your computer or are you clicking a link in a web page? If it's a link in a page, tell us where it is so we can go have a look at it. If it's a file on your hard drive, what type of file is it?
It's a local HTML file

Post by Guest »

It seems to happen only after i set mozilla firebird as my default browser.. when I set back mozilla as my default browser, the problem doesn't occur... Btw, Open With... Mozilla Firebird doesn't work, is this normal?
Old Persist

Post by Old Persist »

So this "Open with" dialog box is one generated by your operating system and not Firebird. What is your operating system?
Does it work if you open Firebird and then click File> Open File... and then navigate to the file you want to open?

Post by Guest »

Persist wrote:So this "Open with" dialog box is one generated by your operating system and not Firebird. What is your operating system?
Does it work if you open Firebird and then click File> Open File... and then navigate to the file you want to open?
Windows XP. It refuses to go onto the list, but once it sets as default browser, it's under the Open With... list. It works when I manually open Firebird. In 0.6, when I open a file using Open With... Firebird, I got an error. In 0.6.1 it worked fine, but in 0.7 it refuses to go onto the list...

Also, any solutions for my Mozilla problem? I tried the latest build, same problem...

Post by Guest »

Anyone?