Suddenly none of my extensions are available and ...

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Helen Rysavy

Suddenly none of my extensions are available and ...

Post by Helen Rysavy »

All my extensions have disappeared. The extension manager says they will all be upgraded when Firefox is restarted, but this never works. I have reinstalled Firefox to no avail.

Please help me.

Thanks
a;skdjfajf;ak

Post by a;skdjfajf;ak »

Try this:
Extensions
Next step:
Close Firefox, and make sure its closed with the TaskManager->Process Tab, should be no firefox.exe in the list.
In your Profile Folder <- Click for Location Info
Look for:
extensions.ini
extensions.cache
extensions.rdf

Delete all three files and try again.

Post by Guest »

Thanks very much, that worked. :)
Omar456C

Post by Omar456C »

I have Firefox 2.0rc3 installed
A couple of days ago, after updating some extensions and theme and restarting Firefox, many of the already installed extensions just weren't there. In the Extension Manager Window they appeared as to be installed after restart,which I did, but it didn't work.
I reinstalled some as new from the Firefox Extensions page and after restart some more "came back", including some extensions I had disabled before the problem.
Today, when I started Firefox, all extensions were gone again. I updated firefox to rc3, then reinstalled Restarter 1.0 and deleted extensions.cache and extensions.rdf in the profiles folder (there wasn't any extensions.ini file there). After starting Firefox again I found some extensions working again and some in the Extension Manager pending restart to install.
What can I do to solve the problem?
Should I uninstall Firefox and start again from the scratch (I backed up profile (without extensions) today with MozBackup 1.4.5)?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Omar
ANDERL

RE: Suddenly none of my extensions are available and ...

Post by ANDERL »

Led to exactly the opposite of what it should. Before deleting the three files, about 15 of my extensions (I have a lot of them) did not work and had the "will be installed" in the extension manager. I deleted the three files, re-started and - lo and behold - I don't have _any_ extensions that work any more.
Old Limpet235

Post by Old Limpet235 »