Thunderbird 2 Alpha Now Available!

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

In TB 2.0a1, when I designate the Trash folder to be a Favorite Folder in the Edit Menu, it remains a Favorite until TB is restarted. After restart, it reverts back as unselected and I have to reassign it as a Favorite again.
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.0.2, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.8.0esr, Thunderbird 115.8.1, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18
old Neil Parks

Post by old Neil Parks »

"Move recent" would be a great feature if it worked properly, but it has two major flaws.

See http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 67#2472467 for details.
Old Jeria

Post by Old Jeria »

I am not so fond of the new notification. It's huge and I don't understand why the logotype has to be included.

Another point is the contextmenu of folders. I use "Mark as Read" very often and accidentally clicked on "New Folder...". Are the 5 options before "Mark as Read" really options that are more often used?

It would be nice if the search bar got a big wider (like Firefox 2.0´s search bar).
old Neil Parks

Post by old Neil Parks »

I'm not enamored of the new icon for the Compose Window. An open envelope just doesn't say "Writing a message" the way the pencil-and-paper icon did.
Old Jeria

Post by Old Jeria »

And I realized that "Mark as read" is in position 9 in the contextmenu for RSS feeds... Before delete, rename etc. Surely this option need higher priority?
mikeymike

Post by mikeymike »

The 'busy' cursor permanently stays on for me using the TB 2.0a1 release. It seems to work otherwise though.
jink

Post by jink »

Jeria wrote:I am not so fond of the new notification. It's huge and I don't understand why the logotype has to be included.

I agree. I also don't like how there is no way to view either the message(s) or the folder the message(s) were in with from the notification. If the notification has to be so big, why not allow the user the ability to click to go to the pertaining area (and dismiss). The old notification was small and out of the way.

If the new notification isn't going to be changed before the release, is there any way to restore the old notification? It was much more helpgul. =(

[edit]: 20060913 just installed and the notification goes away really quickly now, much improved.
charles_bailey

Post by charles_bailey »

Any chance of the fix for the Kerberos ticket manager (https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=307788) making it into 2.0? The "failures" on expired tickets under OS X can be a real annoyance, and it looks like this fix has been in the trunk for some time. It works well for me on the trunk nightlies, and while it appears to have some quirks, it's a major improvement over the current situation.
mcnesium

Post by mcnesium »

will the programmers change the word "junk" to the word "spam" on all the spam filtering features in v2.0? everyone calls it spam except mozilla thunderbird...
tolremeno

Post by tolremeno »

jink wrote:I also don't like how there is no way to view either the message(s) or the folder the message(s) were in with from the notification.

Why is it not clickable?

I hide my statusbar for increased screen real estate, so when it says I have a new message, I can't open it until it goes away (or i click close then click open).

It makes no sense.
tolremeno - still a *bird lover
pufoid

Column with read/not read bullet

Post by pufoid »

Jeria wrote:And I realized that "Mark as read" is in position 9 in the contextmenu for RSS feeds... Before delete, rename etc. Surely this option need higher priority?

Hello Jeria, I wast just browsing through this rather old thread, but wanted to give you a suggestion:

You can add a column to the messages pane that is called "Read". It gives you a very small column with a single bullet that lets you toggle between Read/Unread for that message. Perhaps you find that useful.
Michael Buschbeck

Post by Michael Buschbeck »

christos wrote:- The directory server on my address book seems to be broken. I am using SSL, and nothing comes up as I am trying to do a name search. When I downgrade to 1.5.0.5 (20060719) the directory server works fine again.

I'm experiencing that too (in version 2 alpha 1, 20060724). Plus, I still get the "internal failure" message relating to LDAP/SSL when closing Thunderbird as described in bug 206018 which The Rumbling Edge lists as "fixed" in version 2 alpha 1.

[And, gee, that new default skin. Whatever happened to OS integration? Am I the only person who likes visual consistency across all of their frequently-used applications?]
foxmask

folder view

Post by foxmask »

Hi,
will we see, in the (all) folder view the tag ?
i mean i'd like to see the list of tag at the left side, like any other folders, to be able to view all the new messages i received and my filters rules had tag.

kind regards.
BenneJezzerette

Post by BenneJezzerette »

Noticed the 2.0rc1 so Downloaded and installed it, well stepped back because the Same problem I found in the Daily Builds seems to affect it still. Open Thunderbird to Read E-Mails, as it opens The Mail Pane stretches all the way down so that on the left where all the Folders for each Filtered E-Mail goes shows the entire Left part all the way down the side then Squinches back up to a normal View. I do like the new look, but this Stretch / Squinch thing is too much to Deal with. I would screen shot it but it goes so fast that Trying to make it would be Really crazy. Another way to explain is the Inbound part where you see the message headers opens all the way to the bottom of the Screen then Squinches back to normal. Seeing at that point the normal Message headers and the Window for the E-Mail body. Then the left Folders Window or Widget. This can be very disconcerting to some, I know it is to me. Just my 2¢ in here hoping it helps.
Vista Home Premium 64 AMD 9950 Quad Core + 8GB DDR2 1066 1x500GB 1X750GB Partitioned 1X1TB MSI GTX260 896
Firefox Safe Browsing - Pocomail Safe E-Mail from Script Kitties
True Internet Surfing + E-Mail not Junk
Tony-E

Post by Tony-E »

BenneJezzerette wrote:Noticed the 2.0rc1 so Downloaded and installed it

I don't know what build you have but there has not been a 2.0rc1 release. The release candidates are a long way off, the first beta has not been released yet (probably come out in December)