how to go back or forward more 15 pages?

Discussion of features in Mozilla Firefox
quisco

how to go back or forward more 15 pages?

Post by quisco »

How can I, using Mozilla Firefox, go IMMEDIATELY back in a page visited more max. 15 items present in navigation bar? How can I increase items of page visited (I don't want use history)?
Unarmed

Post by Unarmed »

Not easily. You will need to edit the file content/browser/browser.js (which is part of browser.jar, in the chrome directory of your browser’s installed directory. Find the line where <code>MAX_HISTORY_MENU_ITEMS</code> is set to 15, and increase it.

You will also need to make sure that browser.sessionhistory.max_entries is set high enough in about:config.
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

And I would think this will come at a cost in either performance or memory use, but I stand to be corrected
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
quisco

Post by quisco »

Thanks for suggestions.
I hope next version of Mozilla Firefox add this feature in a dialog box for set it easily.
Newbie12

Re:

Post by Newbie12 »

Unarmed wrote:Not easily. You will need to edit the file content/browser/browser.js (which is part of browser.jar, in the chrome directory of your browser’s installed directory. Find the line where <code>MAX_HISTORY_MENU_ITEMS</code> is set to 15, and increase it.

You will also need to make sure that browser.sessionhistory.max_entries is set high enough in about:config.
Where is this on the new Firefox Quantum 60.4 ESR release?
James

Re: how to go back or forward more 15 pages?

Post by James »

Holy Old Thread Batman!

It is great that you are searching first but a LOT has changed since the version being discussed about way back then

Please start a new thread instead of digging up ancient threads from 2006.