Gmail nor Google will load

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
bupo107

Gmail nor Google will load

Post by bupo107 »

I've closed my Norton Security and firewall. However, I can not load Gmail or google while using F-Fox?

Thoughts?

I went through Dell support and restarted the system... they sent me to Mozilla Support.

Appreciate any insight or help!
old FatJohn

Post by old FatJohn »

What happens if you click on http://www.google.com ?
bupo107

Post by bupo107 »

I receive this message (and same for Gmail):

Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.google.com.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
Old Limpet235

Post by Old Limpet235 »

Check your firewall & AV settings >
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firewalls
Just take note of 'some other ways to be fooled by'..
bgfunk76

Post by bgfunk76 »

Do other sites load? If so, you may just need to clear your cache. Also, try deleting the cookies for those sites that won't connect.
If no sites load at all, then it's more than likely a firewall issue.
stavr0s

Post by stavr0s »

im pretty sure this isnt just a firewall issue, ive killed mine (rebooted and loaded without it) and still cant get on gmail :(

hotmail.com & .co.uk work however, but i dont think they have the same auth type as gmail, though i might be wrong

edit

I've now fixed the gmail issue, as i upgraded firefox rather than clean install, here's what i did, uninstalled firefox 2, deleted all profiles (after back up) & data refering to firefox, clean installed firefox 2, gmail now works fine :)
rameshsreekantan

Post by rameshsreekantan »

Hi

I have a similar problem - Gmail loads, but I cannot read or send any mail. Clicking on anything has no effect. Initially it says it is looking up www.googlemail.... but then it doesnt even bother doing that.

On the web someone recommended clearing out the Cache, but that didnt work. This is a very new thing - I was away for a few days - didnt log in at all - and this problem started after that.

Any ideas ? The error console shows the following error, for example

Warning: Unknown property 'text-overflow'. Declaration dropped.
Source File: http://mail.google.com/mail/?view=page& ... gpk&auto=1
Line: 4

regards,

Ramesh
dangler

Post by dangler »

When I start firefox I get an message pop up each time complaining about security cert at google mail not have the same name as the site, still google.com with a few bits in front.

Many of the my password entry functions don't work properly. Snapstream.com I am unable even via cutting and pasting to enter my password and confirm, says it doesn't match. On Ebay.com it enters my password ok, but puts the cursor someplace up in the left corner such that hitting return no longer clicks the login and I have to mouse it manually.

Good luck, I haven't found my own posted questions yet to see if they have any answers.
EuphemiaL

Re: Gmail nor Google will load

Post by EuphemiaL »

I cannot load gmail or my calendar using firefox. The work ok in explorer. Is there something I can do to make it work in Firefox??