Live Titles

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
protokurios

Live Titles

Post by protokurios »

How do I get the Live Titles feature to work? I was so excited to read about it in the release notes but can't figure out how to do it.
old FatJohn

Post by old FatJohn »

protokurios

Post by protokurios »

Let's say for instance I want to do do this for an eBay page. The instructions seem vague:

To install a microsummary generator, just go to a page that provides microsummary generators and click on the links to the generators in the page. Firefox will ask you to confirm that you really want to install the generator.

Click OK, and Firefox will download and install the generator. That's all there is to it!
old np

Post by old np »

Essentially, you're depending on the sites you're visiting to support live titles, which almost no one does yet. You can generate your own, but it requires technical knowledge. Currently there's no repository for them either, but here's a few.
Old madperson

Post by Old madperson »

- install the Microsummary Generator for ebay here
- visit the site of an auction and bookmark it
- instead of having a static name, you should also have the possibility to choose a "dynamic title" for this specific bookmark, which will show the current bidding & and the time remaining...
protokurios

Post by protokurios »

Thanks, that clears up a lot. It works now.
jimmy pitt

Live Titles

Post by jimmy pitt »

Live Titles works for eBay.com, but not for eBay.co.uk, and for the international version of the BBC's home page, but not for the UK version. Some of these instructions about using live titles need to be MUCH more specific about exactly what is supported!
somefreak

Post by somefreak »

Yes, I find that the generator doesn't work for ebay.com.au - can you advise on how to fix this?
RenegadeX

Post by RenegadeX »

I installed Microsummary Generator Builder 0.9.4 by Johannes la Poutre a couple of weeks ago and could have sworn that it was working on ebay.ca when I tried it. But tried it today and the Generator Dialog does not go away when I click on 'Install uSummary Generator'. Tried it on a new profile - same. Tried it on eBay.com - same. Tried it another page (for example - the version&date field on https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/3741/ ) and it works. Has eBay blocked it somehow, or else why is it broken on some sites?

There was a similar recent thread: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=478911
I left a message for the author of this extension to notify him of the problem and see if he can shed some light on what's going on. Am hoping he'll start a topic in the Extensions forum here..