The procedure entry point JS_DHashTableOperate...FF2.0

User Help for Mozilla Firefox

The procedure entry point JS_DHashTableOperate...FF2.0

Post by Guest »

Anyone get this error? Firefox 2.0 is failing on startup for me.

The procedure entry point JS_DHashTableOperate could not be located in the dynamic link library js3250.dll.

It's happening on all my computers. 3 physical are running the JRE 1.5.0.8, all my VMs that are failing are running 1.5.0.8 or 1.5.0.6

doing a search for the js3250.dll shows it in my OpenOffice folder, but doesn't show the one in the mozilla firefox folder.

JS_DHashtableoperate could not be located

Post by Guest »

firefox.exe - Entry Point Not Found
the procedure entry point JS_DHashtableoperate could not be located in the dynamic link library JS3250.dll

How do I go back to the older version?

I'll wait until the beta testing is done before upgrading next time.

Post by Guest »

I luckily had 1.5.0.7 on my computer, so I uninstalled 2.0 and put 1.5 back on. No errors with 1.5.0.7, or the older versions that are on my Virtual Machines....so this is a 2.0 bug, as far as I'm concerned.
old np

Post by old np »

Post by Guest »

keep an eye on it....I'm the one that made it!

As suggested elsewhere, deleting the c:\program files\mozilla firefox folder and all its contents, then reinstalling does make it work.

However, while this a workable (certainly not desirable) solution for myself, almost everyone I've had converted to Firefox will not be so lucky. It is doubtful that many of them know how to go into Safe Mode w/ Command prompt; and none of them are likely to be willing to do it themselves.

So, we have a workaround, but we do not have a fix.
rake

Post by rake »

I was getting the same error on two different computers. It was due to the download I had of Firefox 2 (from the Mozilla site) been 2k too small! Make sure your download is 5,902,336 bytes (Size on disk) and try again.

You might also have to uninstall whatever you have on and delete C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox (I couldn't delete this so just renamed it to E:\Program Files\_Mozilla Firefox). I also deleted C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Application Data\Mozilla - but make sure you take a copy of your profile so you don't loose your bookmarks and extensions! You might not need to do this though.

Post by Guest »

rake wrote:You might also have to uninstall whatever you have on and delete C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox (I couldn't delete this so just renamed it to E:\Program Files\_Mozilla Firefox). I also deleted C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Application Data\Mozilla - but make sure you take a copy of your profile so you don't loose your bookmarks and extensions! You might not need to do this though.

Wow. Let me get this straight...
Uninstall whatever I have on.
Delete a foler that can't be deleted, just renamed.
Delete this other folder, but you might not need to do this.

Is this the solution, or is this just a suggestion to fwi until it starts working?

Post by Guest »

I only had to delete the C:\program files one.

Also, my file size was 5,902,336 and the problem still happened.
rake

Post by rake »

@Guest: I'm just saying what I did on two different computers to solve this problem. There's not much else I can do, I'm sorry it doesn't work for you.