error start program!

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
nobita

error start program!

Post by nobita »

i got the error message: "XML parsing error: undefied entity, location: chrome://navigator/content/navigator.xul, line number 46, column 1, window id = main-window" when starting Firebird, so what have I to do?
ZenWarrior

Firebird will *NOT* start.

Post by ZenWarrior »

I get an error similar to the above. Mine is:

XML Parsing Error: undefined entity,
Line Number 157, Column 38:
<key id="focusURLBar2" key="&openCmd2.commandkey;" command="Browser:OpenLocation"
--------------------------------------------^

Needless to say, I'm having to use Internet Explorer to post this. Even worse, I couldn't even copy/paste the error message. I had to type it all in by hand.
Old Persist

Post by Old Persist »

The first thing I would do is delete Firebird and then reinstall. If that didn't work I'd delete my profile and restart Firebird. Hang on that's not true, before I deleted anything I'd make backup copies of the bits I need to keep. That would be the plugins folder from inside MozillaFirebird and the bookmarks.html file (and the other files I created, userChrome.css, userContent.css and uers.js) from my profile (on Windows XP that's - C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\phoenix\default\random number.slt\bookmarks.html)
So what made these errors, hmmm? You naughty boys have been fiddling with Firebird haven't you? Installing themes and strange combinations of extensions ! Disgracefull! I've a good mind to tell your mother.....sorry I don't know what came over me there, what operating system are you using and if you could copy and paste the string from inside the Help> About on the toolbar it would tell us what build you're using. Like so

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.6b) Gecko/20031107 Firebird/0.7+ (persist,gtk2+xft)
ZenWarrior

Post by ZenWarrior »

"Fiddling with Firbird?" I admit to to installing an extra theme and some "basic" extensions. The new theme seemed to work without problems. The extensions I thought should work with that which they were designed. (Foolish me.)

And back to that cannot be opened part, that makes it a tad difficult to "copy and paste the string from inside the Help> About on the toolbar." But from Properties, I can tell you it's File/Product version 1.5: 2003100717, running on WIN98 (not SE).
ZenWarrior

Post by ZenWarrior »

"Backup copies of the bits I need?" Well, it would be nice if the plug-ins I downloaded were in the Plug-ins folder. It is empty.
ZenWarrior

Post by ZenWarrior »

Uninstall? How?

What might one recommend? Firebird neither appears in the Add/Remove Hardware control panel nor seems to have its own un-installer. Need I only delete the entire program folder?
frease

Post by frease »

ZenWarrior wrote:Uninstall? How?

What might one recommend? Firebird neither appears in the Add/Remove Hardware control panel nor seems to have its own un-installer. Need I only delete the entire program folder?

If you had install FB using a downloaded .zip file then when you uninstall, you only need to delete the program folder. If you want to delete the profile folder too. However, keep backups of the profiles files you wish to keep e.g. bookmarks.html etc

Post by Guest »

i got this error after i installed the flash player 7 extension at macromedia.com and am v pissed off about it! have had v bad day for errors