Download Manager Tweak (now, and the future)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
emm_is

Download Manager Tweak (now, and the future)

Post by emm_is »

I have updated the Download Manager Tweak to work with firefox 2.0. This fix (should) offer a complete duplication of the features in the original.

Andman42 appears to no longer wish to maintain the extension and as a consequence I have cvs access to the mozdev site.

The download manager tweak can now be obtained from <a href="http://dmextension.mozdev.org/">http://dmextension.mozdev.org/</a>.

I propose that this thread be used for bug reports.

I understand that the latest test builds (Minefield) break DMT again. I propose that as a community we use this forum to develop a compatible version and when the test builds settle down we release it on the mozdev site.
Last edited by emm_is on December 1st, 2006, 7:51 am, edited 8 times in total.
whitebird

Bug

Post by whitebird »

Bug, not work options Add Link to Download Queue...

May extensions:

* Adblock Plus 0.7.1.2+.2006101916
* Download Manager Tweak 0.7.2
* Findbar Basics 1.3.05
* FlashGot 0.5.96.060910
* GooglePreview 2.0
* Linkification 1.3.0
* Menu Editor 1.2.2
* MR Tech Local Install 5.3.1.1
* Save Image in Folder 1.0
* ScrapBook 1.2.0.6
* ScrapBox.net 1.2.0.3
* Tab Mix Plus 0.3.49.061009
* xyzproxy 1.15
jooliaan

Post by jooliaan »

A not-expiring link for DMT 0.7.2 can be found here: Download

BTW, I'm the Italian |10n for this extension ;)
Hans Voss

Works for me FF 2.0 released version

Post by Hans Voss »

It works.
Both the 'open as tab' (which is why I got this extension in the first place :-) ) and the Queue (which was a <B>great</B> discovery since I use UMTS a lot).

As far as I am concerned, you can post this one.
Deacon

Post by Deacon »

I have made a permanent mirror for this version available here as well. This is one of my most-used extensions next to BBCode (already hurting for a 2.0 version in making this post) and the ever-useful DictionarySearch (modified to look up items on Wikipedia, IMDB, etc). NoScript, of course, goes without saying.
Eric (the Deacon remix)
johnny_swindle

Post by johnny_swindle »

So far, it works for me also........................

Thanks for your hard work.......... :D
Valvicus

2_1_downloadmgr_0.7.2.xpi issue

Post by Valvicus »

I downloaded emm_is's Download Manager Tweak fix for FF 2.0 and installed it; it seems to function properly with one caveat: downloaded JPEGs all list as "Downloaded: 1KB of 1KB", although they are of various sizes, and download successfully. Thanks for your efforts - this is a great extension. (I haven't tried any of the other FF 2.0-adapted versions yet; any recommendations?)
Sintel

Post by Sintel »

The "Show busy icon if downloads are active" doesn't seem to work... otherwise, thanks!
Gordol

Won't clean up downloaded files

Post by Gordol »

It doesn't automatically clean up downloaded files from the list.
Kadiya

Extension Incompatibility

Post by Kadiya »

I am letting the folks who made the other extension aware of this issue as well. The Download Manager Tweak extension and the del.icio.us extension both add a tab to the Tools - Options panel. The problem I am having is that they are getting their signals crossed and the options for del.icio.us are on the Download tab and the download options are on the del.icio.us tab. Also, both tabs are initially blank (probably because they don't know what to populate it with) and I have to click off of a tab and then back onto it for anything to show up. Then, once it shows up it is crossed as I mentioned before. I'm guessing that each extension is coding a hard placement number into the extension and they are the same?

Kadiya
nanquan

Post by nanquan »

I have a question.. If the new version which is compatible with Firefox 2 is out already, why isn't the extension's page on the mozilla website updated?! (https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/256/)

I mean, I found version 0.7.2 completely by accident.. and if I wasn't lucky (like many other users) I would still be stuck without it on FF2...
Old WildcatRay

Post by Old WildcatRay »

nanquan wrote:I have a question.. If the new version which is compatible with Firefox 2 is out already, why isn't the extension's page on the mozilla website updated?! (https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/256/)

I mean, I found version 0.7.2 completely by accident.. and if I wasn't lucky (like many other users) I would still be stuck without it on FF2...

This is only my understanding, so I may not be correct. The 0.7.2 versions (there are at least versions I am aware of.) were not done by whomever did DMT up to 0.7.1. The 0.7.2 versions were "hacked" by others to make them work with Fx 2.0 and its Bon Echo precursors.
Soothsayer

Another update for recent Minefield builds

Post by Soothsayer »

I have made a minor change to work with the latest Minefield builds as it break the context menu and some context menu options (e.g. open link in new window) in newer builds.

The change is simply removing the entries that add context menu items. I also changed the version to 0.7.2b so that it can be differentiated from the various other hacked versions.

The file is located at:
Download Manager Tweak

Please note this server is sending the file as text, so you will need to right click and "save link as" to download it.
Swami

Post by Swami »

Thanks Soothsayer for that, but I have encountered a couple of problems.
1. Tools>Downloads opens the Download Manager in the sidebar, despite having it set to open in a new window.
2. When downloading a file the Download Manager opens in a new window, but pause and cancel button don't work.
If it's just me with those problems I will try it in a new profile. Thanks.

Edit: Tried with new profile.
1. Now opens in window, so something in other profile causing that.
2. Still broken
Last edited by Swami on November 12th, 2006, 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RaiseMachine

Post by RaiseMachine »

The Remove button next to each downloaded file still doesn't work with Minefield builds.
"Doesn't the idea of making nature against the law seem to you a bit... unnatural ?" - Bill Hicks
"Money is the Schrodinger's Cat of economics." - Robert Anton Wilson
"It's not a bug, it's two features having a fight in the pub car-park." - Me