Open option on download dialog missing?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
nappy

Open option on download dialog missing?

Post by nappy »

Hi, I've been using the Windows version of 2.0 for a few days and I suddenly ran into a weird problem. When I click a file to download, the download dialog box opens but the open option is now missing -- Save To Disk is the only option shown. As far as I know, I haven't made any changes that would cause this. Anyone know how to restore the Open option?
nappy

update...

Post by nappy »

Just to update, the Open option doesn't even show up in safe mode. In fact, I don't even get a Save To Disk option in safe mode.

Any ideas?
greenknight

Post by greenknight »

It's been removed. The "Open" option never did work for some file types, like .exe. The new UI shows the options that are actually available.
Win 10 Pro x64, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G 6 core, 3900 MHz (4450 Turbo), AMD Radeon Vega (integrated graphics). 16GB DDR4-3200, Firefox 125.0.1, Developer Edition 126.0b2, Nightly 127.0a1.
nappy

Post by nappy »

Thanks, greenknight. There's no way to reenable it even though the feature is wonky, is there? I noticed it still works on the OSX version of 2.0.
greenknight

Post by greenknight »

There's an extension you could use, if it's still compatible: http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=701
Win 10 Pro x64, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G 6 core, 3900 MHz (4450 Turbo), AMD Radeon Vega (integrated graphics). 16GB DDR4-3200, Firefox 125.0.1, Developer Edition 126.0b2, Nightly 127.0a1.

Post by Guest »

greenknight wrote:It's been removed. The "Open" option never did work for some file types, like .exe. The new UI shows the options that are actually available.

It did work with pdf, but not anymore!