New extensions for Lightning and Sunbird

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
EndersGame

New extensions for Lightning and Sunbird

Post by EndersGame »

I've just released 2 new extensions:
<ul>
<li><a href="https://addons.mozilla.org/thunderbird/3738">Lightning Multiweek View</a> does just what you'd expect. It gives you Sunbird's multiweek view in Lightning.
<li><a href="https://addons.mozilla.org/sunbird/3736/">Event-to-Task Conversion Activator</a> enables that little menuitem in the top right of the Event Dialog. This allows you to switch an item from being a task to being an event, and vice versa.
</ul>

Comments welcome!
petenz

Post by petenz »

Good job on the Event to Task converter - thanks!

There's a little bit of strange behaviour though - I toggled an Event into a Task and it appeared in the Todo list, as it should. I then opened it by double clicking on it in the Todo list, and changed it back into an Event. It stayed visible in the Todo list though, and opening it from the Todo list opens it as a task whereas opening it from the Calendar opens it as an event...

As long as turning a Task into an Event made it disappear from the Todo list, it should all be fine.

Come to think of it - should the Todo be renamed 'Tasks'? Todo isn't really a word - as the FF spellchecker points out. And 'Tasks' could be clearer for users.....
EndersGame

Post by EndersGame »

peterz:
There are some bugs in various parts of the UI, which previously assumed that conversion like this couldn't happen. I'll look into hacking in fixes, but modifying these assumptions isn't trivial. Thanks for the feedback!
nanobrain

Post by nanobrain »

Thanks for your efforts. Just FYI: the Multiweek View didn't work for me on 0.3 (it only showed a gray window). I had to update to 0.4a1 for it to work.

1E-9
EndersGame

Post by EndersGame »

nanobrain: were there any errors in the Error Console when it failed to work? Thanks for the feedback.
nanobrain

Post by nanobrain »

I downgraded to 0.3 again and here are the 3 errors I get:

Error: no element found
Source File: jar:file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/<Username>/Application%20Data/Thunderbird/Profiles/p05zwvpm.default/extensions/%7Be2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103%7D/chrome/calendar.jar!/content/calendar/calendar-decorated-multiweek-view.xml
Line: 1, Column: 1
Source Code:
^

XML Parsing Error: no element found
Location: jar:file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/<username>/Application%20Data/Thunderbird/Profiles/p05zwvpm.default/extensions/%7Be2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103%7D/chrome/calendar.jar!/content/calendar/calendar-decorated-multiweek-view.xml
Line Number 1, Column 1:

Error: view.goToDay is not a function
Source File: chrome://calendar/content/calendar-views.js
Line: 165

No errors are thrown on 0.4a1

HTH,

1E-9
EndersGame

Post by EndersGame »

nanobrain: Thanks for the help! I forgot that there were packaging changes between 0.3 and 0.4a1. There is a new version that has this problem fixed, waiting for approval from AMO. It should be available shortly.
nanobrain

Post by nanobrain »

EndersGame: I just updated to 0.0.2 and now color of each calendar won't show up anymore in any view.

1E-9