[Ext] InfoLister [old 2004-2010 thread]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
asqueella

Post by asqueella »

0.9f is available. (Firefox 2 compatibility release) Please help testing.

Rymann: I don't think you can do that yet, sorry :(

0nslaught, snapbrowse: Thanks for the report, fixed in 0.9f.

kmc: should be fixed in 0.9f, try it. I don't test the locales, relying on localizers to do that.

Philip Chee: nice, if you're willing to send me the diff, I can probably incorporate the changes you made.
tangles

Unexpected Error

Post by tangles »

Any reason why I'm gettting "Unexpected Error (2147500037)" when I'm trying to do an upload via FTP with this new version, when it worked yesterday with the previous version?

Update: Now the status says "Done" but when I check the page I uploaded it to (after clearing my cache) it still lists InfoLister 0.9e instead of 0.9f; which leads me to believe it isn't uploading correctly.
tangles

Post by tangles »

Ahh.. I fixed it. Somehow the "filename" got removed from the FTP upload path. I added index.html and it worked. Sorry.
DWay

Post by DWay »

Is it possible to display for each extension max maximum firefox version it supports. (1.5.* or 2.0)
bremeski

Post by bremeski »

Add Extension Size to the Extension Information Lines in the InfoLister Report?

Could you possibly add the size (memory) that an extension takes up along with the extension version numbers in the InfoLister report? The extension's size is a big factor for my decisions to keep an extension enabled or not, and getting the extension size is not easy from those extensions that are not hosted on mozilla.org, for instance.

(I apologize in advance if this has already been discussed in this thread.)
asqueella

Post by asqueella »

bremeski: It's currently not possible to estimate an extension's footprint. While I could add the size of the installation folder, it would in no way represent the run-time footprint of the extension, so I'd rather not do it.

DWay: Yeah, that has been requested. I need to find time to implement it.
Yleeyas

Post by Yleeyas »

Using Infolister .09f in both FF1.5.0.9 and TB1.5.0.9
O/S : Linux; Ubuntu 6.06 (Dapper)

When I tried to customize the output format the dropdown menu on "Customize Output>format as" is blank ie; there are no options. I accidently clicked on a blank area of the dd menu and now Infolister displays a blank page, which says I need to configure output!?

I tried to go to the extension homepage for help( http://mozilla.doslash.org/infolister/)
but the domain name has expired?

I like this extension and would like to sort out the problem.
Any suggestions?

Yleeyas
asqueella

Post by asqueella »

The site is back up.

Try resetting infolister prefs (extensions.infolister.template.uri in particular). As for why the dropdown is blank.. is there anything in the JS console (Tools -> JavaScript console)? What is Firefox's locale? What happens if you load chrome://infolister/locale/templates/list ?
Yleeyas

Post by Yleeyas »

Hi asqueella,

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to disturb you on xmas eve :)

This can wait until another time, but I appreciate your responding.

I'm afraid I'm not a programmer so I'm not sure how to:
a) "...resetting infolister prefs (extensions.infolister.template.uri in particular)"
b) "...load chrome://infolister/locale/templates/list"
I did uninstal and reinstal, but problem persists.

c) When I clear Java Console and then access infolister there are no specific errors generated.
d) FF locale is English/US

Take the rest of the day off, and have a good holiday.
Privyat, drugh.

Yleeyas
asqueella

Post by asqueella »

a) open about:config (by typing that into the Location Bar), filter for infolister, right-click the prefs, select Reset
b) same, copy/paste that into Location Bar and click Go.
Yleeyas

Post by Yleeyas »

Hi asqueella,

When I filter 'about:config' on "extensions.infolister.template.uri" I get an entry that has "user set" for status. I 'reset' and now I get status "default" (value chrome://infolister/locale/templates/html.template"), and when I select the infolister button I get a list with http format :)
When I filter on "chrome://infolister/locale/templates/list" there is no entry?
When I filter on "infolister" all entries are set to "default"

Note that after I reset the first entry to default, the drop down list is still empty so I can't select 'text mode' which is prefered. (I can live with html:)

I cleared Java console before I started and I'm not seeing any errors? Well with my luck I probably blew away useful info.

I hate to think I'm spoiling your holiday time. I really can wait afew days to sort this out:)

Thank you very much for your help,

Yleeyas

EDIT: Here's something interesting. When I checked the Java Console out of TB, I found this message:

Error: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80040154 (NS_ERROR_FACTORY_NOT_REGISTERED) [nsIDOMJSPluginArray.refresh]" nsresult: "0x80040154 (NS_ERROR_FACTORY_NOT_REGISTERED)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://infolister/content/components/collect.js :: anonymous :: line 46" data: no]
Source File: chrome://infolister/content/components/collect.js
Line: 29

(next entry)
No chrome package registered for chrome://communicator-region/locale/region.properties .
(next entry)
No chrome package registered for chrome://navigator-region/locale/region.properties .
(next entry)
No chrome package registered for chrome://editor-region/locale/region.properties .

In FF I can manualy modified the 'extensions.infolister.template.uri' value to 'chrome://infolister/locale/templates/text.template' and get the text format back:)
However the dropdown menu remains blank?

Hope this gives you some more clues:)
ly
asqueella

Post by asqueella »

The chrome://infolister/locale/templates/list thing should be typed in the Location Bar (i.e. where you typed about:config), not into the filter textbox inside about:config.
Yleeyas

Post by Yleeyas »

Hi asqueella,

Oops, you were clear in your instructions, and I misread them. Sorry.
Here's what I get when I use the location bar:

chrome://infolister/locale/templates/text.template
chrome://infolister/locale/templates/html.template
chrome://infolister/locale/templates/bbcode.template
chrome://infolister/locale/templates/xpilist.template

So they're there, but not loaded into dropdown menu?

Yleeyas

Edit: Were the Java console errors no help?
progkix

Format dropdown entries not there...

Post by progkix »

Hi asqueella

I'm seeing the same thing as Yleeyas posted earlier.

I hadn't noticed it prior to now simply because I hadn't needed to look at infolister.

But I've just recently installed several extensions on my machine (SuSE Linux 9.3) and wanted to get a list of everything to update all my other machines. That's when I noticed the dropdown list was empty.
Yleeyas

Post by Yleeyas »

Thanx progkix,
I was starting to think it was just me:)

Yleeyas