Problems loading ESPN GameCast

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
EGCnonsequiter

Problems loading ESPN GameCast

Post by EGCnonsequiter »

Well, that's the basic thing. I go to ESPN.com click on NFL (or College Football) GameCast, the menu screen comes up, I select a game in progress and get stuck on the loading screen. To add to the confusion, sometimes (when a -NEW- ESPN Motion ad is played) it DOES load the game, but if I choose to switch to another game in progress, it stalls again on the "GameCast loading....." screen for what seems like forever.

I've re-installed FireBird a few times, and re-installed the JAVA runtime enivronment, along with re-instaling Macromedia Flash (version 7, I believe), but nothing seems to really work, and I can't find an answer anywhere. I've even followed ESPN's tips for IE-6, and even e-mailed them, and zilch, nothing. BTW - this problem is also persistent in Windows IE-6. So, I can't watch NFL/NCAA football games in either browser.

Any ideas from you all?!?!
Quack

Post by Quack »

It works for me. I suspect it may be your system.

GameCast is a RAM hog and any OS older than XP has problems with RAM swapping (pagefiles)!

Go Noles!

Post by Guest »

well, that's another funny thing then...on my roommate's computer, which is a prehistoric 266MHz w/ 96 MB of RAM...it loads and runs fine, for the most part :? - but the computer in question has 512MB DDR SDRAM, and it stalls....

"......I can't go more forward, clyde......"
mhowie

Post by mhowie »

Gamecast loads fine for me, but the ability to click on anything (and have that information presented) within that window is disabled with Firebird.
--Howie
ECGns

still having problems

Post by ECGns »

well of course it's sunday, and I can't watch my team(s) play because I can't get GameCast to work (still stalls on loading screen)...if anyone also has this problem and can help this poor football fan out, it would be greatly appreciated (preferrably before I rip my hair out from not knowing....) ](*,)